Veranda - Creating connections and memorable experiences through elevated scratch food, premium spirits, and craft beer.
Veranda is made up of enthusiastic, cohesive and passionate people. It’s about investing in a dream team of talented people who are excited to pursue ambitious shared goals. On our dream team we encourage collaboration. It’s exhilarating and how we learn the most, do our best work, improve the fastest and have the most fun. We believe a company’s actual values are shown by whom they hire. Below are the specific behaviours and skills we care about most. If these values describe you, and the people you want to work with, you’re likely to thrive at Veranda:
- Hard working, passionate, team oriented individuals capable of self starting.
- Excited to learn new techniques and share any
- Tenacious and optimistic.
- You challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches when applicable.
- Open communicably, able to give and take constructive criticism without feelings of resentment.
- Taking pride in the completion of daily tasks, preparation and presentation of menu items, ensuring that we are providing the best possible experience to our guests.
- You crave knowledge about our products and methods used to make them.
- Ability to keep calm and level-headed in stressful situations
- You work well with people of different backgrounds, identities, values and cultures.
Our work environment includes:
- Food provided
- Growth opportunities
- Company perks
- Flexible working hours
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Line Cook/Prep Cook to help support our team. The ideal candidate for this position has previous experience in cooking (definitely not a deal breaker, but any prior culinary knowledge is welcomed) and enjoys working in a busy restaurant environment. A successful candidate will have experience working in a variety of restaurant positions, but will be most happy making from scratch food and ensuring that the kitchen is running smoothly.
- Set up workstations, tools, and equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Ensuring cleanliness standards, quality, and safety are being held to the highest degree.
- Assist line/prep cooks with any portioning or prep when not manning dish station.
- Respecting and helping your neighbour in building a healthy, hard-working culture.
In conclusion, we do not seek to preserve our culture—we seek to improve it. Every new employee helps to shape and evolve the culture so we find new ways to accomplish more together. We are learning faster than ever, because we have more dedicated people with more diverse perspectives working to excel as the dream team. Our dream team was selected with the confidence they will always strive for excellence. We hold our team to high standards to ensure this excellence and we expect our team to do the same. Can't wait to hear from you! - Veranda Management
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $15.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Retention bonus
Work Location: In person