Our Mission at Pethealth Inc. is to bring vitality to lives… furry and otherwise. This includes pets, and the people who care for them; our employees, our partners, our customers, our business and our communities.
Claims Administrative Assistant - Contract
The Claims Administrative Assistant plays a key role in the insurance customer service cycle by ensuring that all claims forms and supporting paperwork are uploaded and data entered accurately and within set deadlines into our electronic filing cabinets and claims systems, with the ultimate objective of ensuring that our customers receive prompt and accurate claims response turnaround for both policy holders and veterinary clinics.
- Daily uploading, sorting and scanning of all documents received in the office via mail, fax and email (Medical Records, Claim Submissions, Cancellation Requests, Inbound and Outbound Correspondence, Policy Documents, and Ownership Transfers)
- Prepare claims for processing (data entry through Ephesoft and BPL)
- Confirming owner and pet information are correct on all documentation and that it is accurately reflected in claims processing system
- Addition of secondary owners into claims processing system when multiple owners are listed within the claim
- Updating of all associated clinic(s) within each claim submission
- Confirmation of outstanding balances on invoices to ensure that services have been paid in full
- If required verbal verification from Veterinary Hospitals for items on invoices that are illegible
- Outbound communication (Phone/Virtual Fax) to client and/or veterinary hospital for missing information
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior mail room, file room, or administrative/clerical experience an asset
- Prior veterinary clinic and/or knowledge of veterinary medicine is an asset
Required Qualifications (Certifications, Licenses, Software Programs, KSA’s):
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), internet
- Strong keyboarding and data entry skills (speed and accuracy)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Highly customer-service oriented
- Ability to work effectively in a high-volume and fast-paced processing environment
- Must be able to pass criminal background checks
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must be able to read, count and do simple mathematics.
- Be able to lift up to 10lbs. occasionally.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone with headset, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
We thank all candidates for their interest, . If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email within 7 business days. Pethealth is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, race, disability, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.