CARPENTER’S ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Carpenter’s Assistant
Name and Title of Supervisor as assigned
Job Location: GTA and Surrounding Area
The ideal Carpenter’s Assistant should be a self starter, team player, as well as promote teamwork among others. The candidate shall have a strong work ethic, is approachable, and an effective and creative problem solver, and establishes and maintains effective working relationships and open lines of communication. We are not hiring for just physical demands, but also for intellectual skills.
Purpose of the Job
- To provide general labour work on any given project, as well as assisting with carpentry work
- Work with and take direction from the site supervisor
- Duties to include, but not limited to: site preparation, material handling, carpenter assistant, demolition work and site cleanup.
- Grade 12 education
- 1 year carpenter’s assistant and/or on site labour
- Power tool skills
- Team oriented
Working Conditions and Environment
Be able and prepared to work in a construction site atmosphere (dust, noise, etc.). Some driving may be required from time to time. Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s license is required.
Physical: The position requires ability to perform tasks in all areas and aspects of construction project. Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 40 feet, and crawl for distances of 50 feet. Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber and materials. Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 80 lbs for 50 feet is required.
Work Schedule Description
Applicants must be prepared to put in a work day of 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Construction: 2 years (Required)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)