Based in the Toronto office you will be a core member of the team that brings the Virgin Mobile brand to life. You’ll use your skills to help deliver best in class experiences and creative that supports our brand, business objectives and marketing goals.
Quickie about the job:
Reporting directly to the Director of Brand and Marketing communications you’ll work closely with Brand, Retail, Web, Base Communications, Partnerships and Sponsorship teams and all other key cross-functional teams. Overseeing the internal creative services team, you’ll help develop brand positioning, review all brand creative for consistency and brand standards and manage team priorities and workflow to ensure on-time delivery of all in-house design projects.
- Lead an in-house creative design team, creating all business merchandising, web, app, mass campaign, social, sponsorship and partnership event and advertising creative requirements and opportunities at the quality level of the highly recognized and successful Virgin brand from concept to production.
- Lead and motivate a team of print, multimedia and digital designers, English and French copywriters and a project manager to increase their efficiency while delivering innovative quality creative based on brand standards.
- Co-ordinate and develop ideas and concepts with merchandising, web, advertising, social media, partnership & sponsorship and external agencies to deliver creative that meets and expands on the principals and standards of the Virgin brand and ensures a proper organizational vision.
- Present design concepts and creative content, review work, troubleshoot technical and design issues and provide feedback to the team.
- Art direct, produce and prioritize large volumes of brand creative, new and innovative campaigns, photography, mass advertisements and commercials to help drive both new and current consumer engagement through unique, effective and aspirational experiences.
Do you fit the part?
- You’re a design-savvy ideas person that craves to be part of a dynamic and creative group of people who have a passion for delivering work that is right on the mark.
- People love working with you because they can count on you and enjoy interacting with you.
- You are able to think unconventionally.
- You can manage complete processes, working independently and collaboratively as a part of a team.
- You have Excellent project leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- You enjoy problem solving and tackling difficult challenges head-on to find creative solutions.
- You are pro-active and self-motivated.
- You can multi-task, multi-task, and multi-task like a pro. Did we mention can to multi-task?
The “Must Haves”
- A University degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Design, Marketing, Advertising or a similar field is required.
- Strong portfolio showcasing brand campaigns and in-store print, packaging, digital and motion graphics.
- 5+ years in a design-related position, 3+ years of previous experience in a management or similar role.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Consumer retail marketing experience.
- Experience with big consumer brands.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- creative portfolii: 3 years (Required)
- design: 5 years (Required)
- brand campaign: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)