Since the legalization of recreational Cannabis in October 2018, HEXO Corp has experienced incredible growth. As Canada’s top Cannabis company, we continue to advance in this exciting new industry along with the incredibly talented people we have working on the team.
HEXO Corp creates globally trusted brands of easy-to-use and easy-to-understand cannabis products. HEXO Corp is a serious, business-oriented, and socially responsible organization that is building dynamic teams of professionals that aren't afraid to step outside of their role, try new things and challenge the status quo.
HEXO offers a dynamic and collaborative team work environment focused on developing our staff, growing and scaling to meet the opportunity and privilege to be the # 1 cannabis producer in Canada. Clean production working environment with state of the are technology, competitive wage and benefits, RRSP matching, 3 weeks vacation, 5 paid sick days and so much more fun!!
The Electromechanical technician will be part of the Reliability Team to ensure the overall upkeep of our installations, maintain production equipment, processing equipment and ensure a safe work environment. Performing duties required in dismantling, repairing, rebuilding, installing and testing electrical and mechanical systems and components.
- Provide maintenance support for the production shift they are assigned to, on a three-shift rotating schedule;
- Supplement production staff in line changeovers, as required;
- Responsible for completing daily maintenance documentation as well as documentation related to health Canada requirements concerning the cannabis industry;
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance, overhauling & repairing of production, processing and packaging equipment, as needed;
- Work with automated systems, conveyors and processing equipment (i.e. centrifuges, mills, fillers, capper, labeller, case packer, bundle wrapper);
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace mechanical and electrical problems and/or parts;
- Work with machine operators on troubleshooting as well;
- Other related tasks as required or assigned by Facilities Manager and Facilities Supervisor.
- Certificate in Industrial Millwrights or other training deemed relevant to the job;
- Having a 309A certification an asset;
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic system would be required·
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic system would be required
- Any experience with high pressure CO2 and or steam boilers required.
- Has a minimum of 5 years relevant industrial experience;
- Familiar with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) required;
- Bilingual (French and English). Asset but not required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge and experience with various handheld tools and machinery;
- Ensure safe work practice including PPE, fall arrest, Confined Space and Lock Out Tag Out;
- Able to use hand tools, power tools, measurement;
- Programming PLC’s and willing to learn an asset;
- Some traveling/training within Ontario and Quebec may be required;
- Emergency response training and knowledge an asset;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and safe working practices and environmental awareness.
- Class G driver’s license in good standing, and safe driving habits.
- Able to complete physically demanding work including lifting, bending, crouching, standing and lifting to 50 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
Competitive wage is based on a combination of certification acquired and career experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
HEXO Corp is committed to providing accommodation for people with accessibility needs due to disabilities in accordance with HEXO's Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) policy. If you require an accommodation, please contact People & Culture team to arrange suitable accommodation, which takes into account your accessibility needs.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Reference ID: 597
Application deadline: 2021-06-18
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $27.60 per hour
All applicants attending the site for an interview will be asked to answer a Covid 19 questionnaire, wear a mask to enter the facility, sanitize hands and apply a fresh HEXO supplied surgical mask. Thank you for your support in keeping our staff safe.
- Do you have experience in a high speed food or pharmaceutical packaging?
- Industrial Millwright, Electromechanical Technician: 2 years (preferred)