To apply the most current techniques and knowledge for the processing of sterile products in order to provide high quality service in the supply of med-surgical products and instrumentation to user areas. Demonstrates leadership in organizing and coo rdinating the day to day workflow processes in the department using the assigned resources.
- MDRD College certification required (completion of program within the last 2 years) required
- Minimum grade 12 required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of quality assurance and quality improvement
- Demonstrated ability to be fully competent in the role of a MDRD technician
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written
- Computer skills with basic word processing ability required
- Demonstrates knowledge in instrument tracking system that includes and is not limited to ALEX Pro- required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, and organize in meeting multiple demands
- Demon strated customer service focus
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot issues and manage or escalate to appropriate person
- Current membership in CAMDR an asset
- Reliable work and atten dance record required.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) (formerly Toronto East General Hospital) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient ad staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All empolyees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.