We are currently seeking a Pharmacy Assistant to join our full-service pharmacy at the Canadian Addiction Treatment Pharmacy in Oshawa, Ontario. As a member of the Canadian Addiction Treatment Pharmacy, you will be responsible for assisting the Pharmacy Team in performing all dispensing functions, supporting patients in the provision of optimal patient care, while providing efficient and pleasant service to our customers.
If you are looking to improve the lives of our patients while working in a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding work environment, this is the opportunity for you!
What you’ll need to have
- Proven demonstration of patient-centered pharmacy practice skills.
- Proven demonstrated of decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties and Skills Required
- Ensure that prescriptions are prepared in accordance to all laws, regulation, and by-law governing Pharmacy, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing prescriptions for sign off by a pharmacy technician or pharmacist according to pharmacy workflow and procedures:
- Receiving written prescriptions and inputting them into the computer system.
- Resolving third-party billing issues.
- Measuring, mixing, packaging, and labelling drugs.
- Pre-packaging medications (e.g., methadone, unit-dose medications).
- Assist the dispensing pharmacist(s) in the safe and effective delivery of medication, including, but not limited to:
- Ensuring prescriptions are only provided to patients once the therapeutic check by a pharmacist has been performed.
- Communicating with clients and physicians as needed.
- Answering telephones and taking messages.
- POS functions: operating POS, monitoring charge accounts, account reconciliation, etc.
- Data entry and billing of prescriptions using Kroll Pharmacy Software ensuring that required documentation is complete, including, but not limited to, third-party billing restrictions, co-payment management, and coordination of benefits.
- Communicate effectively and maintain good relationships with CATC clinic staff and physicians (as required, for non-therapeutic issues) to ensure there is no disruption to patient care.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times, including cleaning and sterilizing equipment and work stations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Designated Manager or dispensing pharmacist(s).
- Pharmacy Assistant college diploma or equivalent and relevant work experience (minimum 2 years).
- Experience using Kroll Pharmacy Software.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft platform, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
Oshawa, Ontario (1 Vacancy) – We are looking to hire 1 Temporary Part-Time employee for the CATP Oshawa location!
If you are a motivated individual looking to change the lives of our patients, please submit your resume in confidence, quoting file #001-OATC-040.
Canadian Addiction Treatment Pharmacy (CATP)is comprised of a team of Healthcare Professionals and Support Teams who are dedicated to providing the best possible care and support to individuals who are affected by opioid addiction. At CATP, we are committed to treating the whole person as well as the addiction. We treat every person with the utmost dignity and respect on their journey to betterment.
When you join CATP, you become a part of our healthcare family. We share a commitment and are determined to assist individuals to the road of recovery.
Canadian Addiction Treatment Pharmacy remains an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for all applicants upon request at any stage of the selection process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please visit our website for more information: www.canatp.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
- Pharmacy: 2 years (Preferred)
- Kroll Software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Oshawa, ON (Preferred)