Dutchak Scrap Metal is currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Warehouse / Yard Labourer. The successful candidates will be responsible for processing and sorting scrap metal in our Thunder Bay warehouse and yard, as well as working with customers to ensure metal drop offs proceed smoothly.
Experience working in a related industry and / or labour environment is preferred. More specifically, experience working indoors or outdoors in an industrial setting - alongside large trucks, processing machinery, and heavy machinery - is preferred.
- Learn about various types of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Learn & practice proper sorting, processing, and packaging of metals
- Follow general safety practices
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Previous labour experience a definite asset
- Must be able to get to and from the Thunder Bay yard sitedaily
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment (rain or shine, hot or cold)
- Strong communication skills
- Able to carry out instructions provided in written, oral format
- Punctual, responsible & respectful attitude absolutely required!
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to respond directly to this ad. Applicants can also apply in person at our Thunder Bay yard located at 705 Hammond Street in Thunder Bay between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
To learn more about Dutchak Scrap Metal, please visit our website at www.dutchakscrap.com.
** We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 to $15.00 /hour
- industrial labour: 1 year (Preferred)
- Thunder Bay, ON (Preferred)