Client Care Counsellor
Remote, Canada wide
LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell
*Please note that you must have completed a Masters' in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, Psychology, or any relevant field to qualify
As a Client Care Counsellor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
- Provides immediate telephone crisis counseling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations
- Provides immediate management consultation to key employees within customer organizations
- Provides immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or other workplace intervention.
- Respond to warm transfers of clients who request to speak to a Counselor upon their initial call for services.
- Identify the present problem and determine appropriate service response level as per case response level standards.
- Assess client’s needs and provide telephone counseling when the client is not prepared to accept a referral, or book an appointment with a Counselor.
- Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an employee for an EAP assessment.
Advantages to joining our team
- You will receive a permanent position with a competitive benefits package.
- You will receive a robust training program that prepares you for your role.
- You will benefit from growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within.
- You will work in an environment that values employee engagement, innovation and client service excellence.
- Competitive salary with limited-time signing bonus.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Completed a Clinical Master’s Degree in either Social Work, Sexology, Clinical Counseling, Clinical Psychology or another clinical field of study
- Be a member of a Canadian Professional Association such as CCPA (https://www.ccpa-accp.ca), or a member of a Professional Order
- Strong Computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office)
- Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
- Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Abilities to work over the phone and through chats
- Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
- Strong empathy and listening skills
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekend’s evenings etc. as per business needs
By working at our Care Access Center, you will have the opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills as well as address constructive, interesting and rewarding challenges. The diversity of the clients and the problems encountered will allow you to develop your skills rapidly as a clinical practitioner. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your clinical knowledge with a multidisciplinary team of more than 50 clinicians from various fields! Different avenues, depending on opportunities, are also possible in terms of advancement for those demonstrating excellence in their work, as Morneau Shepell continues to grow and offer different modalities to support our clients (telecounselling, face-to-face, chat counselling, etc.).
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At Morneau Shepell, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use.
Morneau Shepell employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Master's Degree (Required)
- College / Association (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings