Silver Hills started in 1989 with a mission to Empower, Educate, and Inspire People to Live Healthier Lives. We believe investing in your own health is the greatest gift you can give someone because when you are healthy, you will have more to share.
Joining our family means being part of a quickly growing community that is truly committed to delivering healthy, great tasting products that are made with care. The Silver Hills team gives you the opportunity to grow and contribute to a healthy and sustainable vision. If you are excited by the idea of sharing your passion for healthy and delicious food with like-minded individuals and bringing great tasting products to consumers across North America and beyond, we want to hear from you!
Silver Hills, manufacturer and marketer of Silver Hills Sprouted Bakery, Little Northern Bakehouse, and One Degree Organic Foods is looking for an experienced Buyer to join the team.
Who are we looking for?
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, our new Buyer will be part of the Procurement team sourcing and purchasing ingredients for our delicious, plant-powerful products.
You are an experienced Buyer who is looking for new challenges and career growth opportunities. You have exceptional customer service and communication skills, strong leadership abilities, and a high degree of professionalism. You are patient and persistent when it comes to getting the job done and have a solutions-oriented mindset. Above all, you are excited by the opportunity to work, develop, and grow with a rapidly expanding company that believes in building healthier communities!
This role is ideal for candidates who have strong Excel skills and a proven record of performance working in fast-paced and constantly evolving environments.
Here are some of the things you will do:
- Manage material requirements and transportation between suppliers and co-packers
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels following best practices for inventory purchasing and place orders for restocking as required
- Source food ingredient products domestically and globally to meet forecasted supply needs
- Ensure all logistical requirements in transporting of material meet specifications and delivery deadlines
- Develop and use commodity knowledge to support business objectives
- Generate savings on raw materials and logistics by analyzing business opportunities compared to the current practices
- Ensure the quality of materials, competitive pricing, and sufficient supply at all times
- Ensure items are purchased following the established policies and procedures
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and brokers as required
- Run reports and provide analytical data to support contract negotiations for purchasing
- Track service performance from suppliers
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 2-5 years of sourcing and buying experience in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance or a related major
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Great Plains Dynamics, Outlook)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (i.e., VLOOKUP, pivot tables,etc.)
- Experience with international freight and lean manufacturing practices
- Project management capacity with the ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize in a constantly evolving environment
- Great teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Analytical and bigger-picture thinking
- Experience purchasing food ingredients (especially in the organic / natural bakery ingredients sector) is a bonus
- Co-packing experience is a plus
Why join us?
We offer our team members many benefits to help them achieve their goals and support our company culture:
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Profit Sharing and RRSP Matching
- Free delicious and healthy bread
- Fresh organic fruit delivered weekly
- Fitness incentive fund to help you thrive
- Friendly and supportive work environment and an ambitious team
- Discounts at our retail store with a great selection of healthy organic products
- Company social events focused around health, great tasting food and getting together as a team
How to apply
If you are interested in a position that will be a contributing part of something very new and exciting, please apply on our career page (https://silverhillsbakery.ca/careers/). ( Want to learn more about our mission and products? Please check us out on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Job Type: Full-time