Must have a valid Canadian Federal Government SECRET security clearance to apply.
Location: Ottawa, Elgin Street on site and Alternate Work Arrangements such as telework will be required during the COVID-19 pandemic – this will be addressed with the PROJECT MANAGER directly at time of hire.
Long term Contract: one year plus multi year options.
Scope of Work/project description
Specific activities that will be required from the resource will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and recommend proposals and solutions that provide strategic direction in the potential redesign or reengineering of the Azure cloud infrastructure at the Our client Service.
- Analyze, research, evaluate and implement best practices required to augment reliability, performance, access, and security for the Our client Azure Cloud environment.
- Design, configure and validate Microsoft Azure Cloud technology in IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) to maintain security requirements compliant with the government of Canada Government Cloud strategy.
- Transition on premise infrastructure and application services to a secure Protected B Azure Cloud based environment.
- Configure cloud infrastructure.
o Architecting Infrastructure as a Service
o App services
o V-NET configuration and Isolation of services
o Security zoning with Network Security Group (NSG)
o Implementation of Application Gateway
o Implementation of User Defined Routing (UDR)
o Implement Azure Traffic Manager
o Virtual Networks
o Implementation of Traffic Filtering
o Configuring Network Access Controls
o Configuring Network Security Appliances
o Configuring Availability controls
o Configuring Disaster Recovery and Site Recovery
o Configuration of Isolation and multi-tier security groups
o Configuring load balancing
o WAN Optimization
o Configure Azure Active Directory
o Configure SQL Database migration
o Configure Storage for Blob and File residency
o Implement and configure Azure Sentinel
o Implement and configure patch management for Azure environment
o Configure Azure Sentinel Security Incident and Event Management
o Configure and implement patching in Azure environment
o Optimize the current Azure environment licensing and resources with the goal of reducing the monthly expenditure and the overall cost of the City’s current Azure footprint as well as recommendations to cost optimize future OPS Cloud projects
- Incorporate Log Analytics and Security.
- Effectively engaging external technical resources to collaborate on project deliverables on time and efficiently.
- Identifying, creating, and delivering innovative service strategies.
- Leading and coordinating team efforts in data gathering and analysis to increase visibility of professional services.
- Incorporating best practices and design framework to enhance cloud adoption and services for secure and faster integration.
- Overseeing project activities related to the cloud deployment, configuration, security compliance and regulation by adhering to governance, Security baseline and Network Zoning.
- Act as a technical lead for the Our client to implement Azure workloads.
- Maintain and support the Our client Azure environment.
- Providing support and assistance to OPS Infrastructure and application team(s) in the implementation or migration into a private/public cloud workload.
- Assist with the migration of selected applications into the cloud as well as providing support for applications residing in the cloud.
- Review and confirm Windows and Linux operating system standards for cloud computing.
- Review and confirm Virtual Machine (VM) security standards.
- Review and confirm VM base images templates (Windows, Linux).
- Review and approve cloud computing roadmap for on premise compute capabilities (i.e. Azure stack).
- Provide input to and review and approve cloud computing services SOP(s).
- Third level technical support of OPS Cloud/Azure environment.
- Provide solutions to complex problems with integrations.
- Evaluate technical bulletins from vendors and make recommendations.
- Prepare technical documentation, status reports and other documentation / reports as required.
- Mentor and train existing OPS BIS Infrastructure Support staff in related cloud technologies.
- Knowledge transfer for OPS BIS Infrastructure Support staff.
A.4 Project Deliverables
Detailed As-Built documentation of current and end state environment.
Build Guide documentation with reproduceable instructions.
Standard Operating Procedure documents (where applicable).
Transition documentation for the OPS Azure Infrastructure for handover to BIS Infrastructure Support team.
Final Report on the state of the OPS Azure IAAS environment.
Must have the following experience and skills to be considered:
The candidate must demonstrate IN RESUME the following:
* 8+ years of experience in a Senior Systems Administration capacity including strong hands on trouble shooting and deployment, experience in Windows Server and Active Directory, strong hands on experience in troubleshooting and deployment experience in Azure
* 5+ years of experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS
* 2+ years’ experience with current and emerging Azure services, tools, and offerings
* 3+ years’ experience with the Azure service implementation, interconnecting and security best practices and patterns
* 3+ years’ experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure
* 3+ years’ troubleshooting and deployment experience in Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Intune, and Windows 10)
* 5+ years’ experience with Windows server operating systems and related applications (Exchange, SQL, backup tools, SharePoint, etc.)
* 3+ years’ experience with Hybrid cloud deployments – Azure and Microsoft 365
* 3+ years’ experience with the ITSG-33, ITSG-22 security controls
* 3+ years’ experience with Azure Security Services
* 2+ years’ experience with securing and designing Protected B workloads in Azure according to Government of Canada standards
o Respondents should have:
* Related Microsoft Azure Certification or equivalent demonstrated experience
* Government of Canada Secret Clearance
* College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, management information systems or a related discipline
* Relevant cloud vendor certifications (i.e. Current Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP); Azure Certified Solutions Architect – Professional)
* Enterprise and Business Architecture certifications
Job Type: Contract
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma
- Work from home opportunities
Reference ID: Pol: 128
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $80.00 /hour
- Exchange, SQL, backup tools, SharePoint: 5 years (Required)
- designing and supporting Azure environments: 5 years (Required)
- enterprise workloads to Azure: 3 years (Required)
- emerging Azure services, tools, and offerings: 2 years (Preferred)
- Azure Security Services: 3 years (Required)
- ITSG-33, ITSG-22 security controls: 3 years (Required)
- Senior Systems Administration : 8 years (Required)
- Azure service implementation: 3 years (Required)
- Hybrid cloud deployments : 3 years (Required)
- Office 365, Intune, and Windows 10: 3 years (Required)
- securing and designing Protected B workloads in Azure : 2 years (Required)
- Secert, Relevant cloud vendor certifications, (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19