A hotel night audit is a crucial position responsible for overseeing the financial and administrative activities of a hotel during the overnight hours. The primary role of a night auditor is to reconcile and balance the hotel's daily transactions and prepare accurate financial reports for management. Here is a general job description for a hotel night audit position:
Hotel Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent
Job Summary: As a hotel night auditor, you will be responsible for managing the financial operations of the hotel during the night shift. You will ensure the accuracy and completeness of daily financial transactions, reconcile accounts, and prepare reports for management. Your role is vital in providing exceptional service to guests and maintaining the financial integrity of the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Conduct night audit procedures to verify and balance the accuracy of daily hotel transactions, including room revenue and other revenue.
Verify and reconcile guest accounts, ensuring accuracy of charges, payments, and adjustments.
Prepare and distribute guest account statements and invoices accurately and promptly.
Handle guest inquiries, concerns, and complaints professionally and promptly.
Perform front desk duties, including guest check-ins, check-outs, and assisting with guest requests during the night shift.
Coordinate with other hotel departments to ensure smooth operations during the night, including security, housekeeping, and maintenance.
Prepare daily financial reports, including revenue summaries, occupancy reports, and other financial data.
Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements and other reports for management.
Maintain accurate records of all night audit activities, ensuring compliance with hotel policies and procedures.
Monitor and ensure the security of the hotel premises during the night shift.
Handle emergency situations, such as fire alarms or other security incidents, following established procedures.
Assist in the implementation of new procedures and systems to improve efficiency and accuracy of night audit operations.
Stay updated on hotel rates, packages, and promotions to effectively communicate with guests.
Adhere to all safety and security procedures to maintain a safe environment for guests and staff.
Provide exceptional customer service to ensure guest satisfaction and loyalty.
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education in accounting, hospitality, or related field is a plus.
- Previous experience in a hotel night audit position or similar role is preferred.
- Proficient in using Synxis PM software.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently during overnight shifts.
- Knowledge of hotel operations and industry trends.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and night shifts as required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50-$18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T3B 0M4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Night Audit/Front Desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person