The STEM Montessori Academy of Canada (SMAC) is a registered not for profit regional science technology engineering and math (STEM) program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program will educate students from preschool to high school. The SMAC will specialize in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
We are seeking CERTIFIED teachers to lead lessons from July 6th to Agust 28, 2020 online for 3 hour blocks for 8 weeks.
Shifts: 9am – noon and/or 1pm - 4pm Monday – Friday (you may choose 1 shift or both shifts each day)** Expectation is that you will be available for these shifts EVERY DAY from July 6th – August 28, 2020 Monday to Friday excluding Monday August 3, 2020
Compensation: $16 - $20 per hour – depending on experience, subject and location
** YOU MUST HOLD A VALID VULNERABLE SECTOR POLICE CLEARANCE CHECK.
The teacher will function as a team member responsible for providing safe, quality care and service students ages 4-14. Ability to conduct online activities in any of the following areas: ·
- Be creative and innovative in the time spent with the children, by planning and executing activities online.
- Run a full-day lesson for 3 hours from start to finish.·
- Be self-motivating and enthusiastic in carrying out the duties, fostering self -esteem, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.·
- Ensure the atmosphere is inclusive, welcoming and safe for all children.·
- Provide positive role-modeling for child participants and volunteers to the program, be polite and helpful at all times, smiling and greeting both parents and children.
- Attend all staff meetings and training seminars as deemed necessary, be familiar with and adhere to the Policies and Procedures.·
- Provide weekly reports on your program, complete appropriate attendance records, daily log, and program plans as required.·
- Be accepting of all children without regard to race, creed, religion, socioeconomic status,·
- Develop and maintain open communication with parents, staff, volunteers and staff.
** Vulnerable Sector police clearance check – A MUST
- MUST be dependable and organized
- · Ability to use zoom video conferencing each day
· Have the required technical equipment to facilitate the video technology
- Exhibit personal suitability and flexibility
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Previous online teaching experience would be an asset.
· Neat, clean appearance, with background free of distractions, noise and clutter.
· Post-secondary students and grad students welcome to apply.
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)