Part Time Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist position in Mississauga/Milton.
In Mississauga we are located in downtown across from Square one.
In Milton we are located at Bronte and Derry.
Work will be split between the two offices. 15-30 hours a week.
Need someone reliable that can work any day during the week/weekend with flexible hours.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answering phones, booking appointments and answer patient inquiries.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments with Physicians.
- Registering new patients and updating existing patient demographics. Validating Health Cards.
- Maintaining Physician’s roster of patients.
- Open and processing mail.
- Scanning documents into EMR such as: reports, lab results, consult notes, etc.
- Sending and following up on referrals and requisitions as well as calling patients to confirm appointments.
- Ensuring lab results are sent and added to EMR system prior to appointments.
- Processing patient charts and insurance claims when required (printing, requesting payment).
- Scheduling for Physician meetings as well as making changes in schedule as per requests.
- Updating patients charts as well as preparing requisitions and kits for routine screenings.
- Assisting patients in accurately completing appropriate forms and documents.
- Faxing prescription refills, referrals, transfer charts etc.
- Willing to help with light cleaning duties as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of a Medical Secretary Course -Preferred but not required
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and Excel), e-mail and Internet. (Required)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Keen to take initiative when appropriate.
- Exercises good judgment.
- Ability to learn and work with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system is required. (Previously worked with OSCAR EMR would be an asset)
- Medical or hospital office experience is required.
- Being able to administer shots and/or vaccinations would be an asset.
Salary to be discussed
No phone calls please.
Job Type: Part-time