8 PROLOGIS BOULEVARD UNIT 402 MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO L5W 0G9
ONroute is a Canadian operated company that provides a clean, safe & friendly environment at our 23 travel centers along the busy 401 and 400 highways in Ontario. We are open 24/7/365, proudly serve over 40 million customers each year and partner with great brands in the quick-service food & retail industry. We are a growing company with over 2000 employees within our plazas and corporate resource centre. This is an exciting time and a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as Regional Facilities Manager.
You would be responsible for managing all facilities management activities for all allocated sites within a region. You would effectively manage, and ensure all sites comply with all legal, provincial and company standards, which would include close partnership and communication with provincial government representatives, including the Ministry of Transportation. Your skills and experience will allow you to source solutions, assist in reducing costs, and improve the efficiency of the facilities while ensuring a safe work environment for contractors and the Facilities Management Team. You will be required to support plazas on a “as needed basis” which may include providing support during all hours of the day, including weekend / long weekend support. You will be responsible for completing required reports and contribute to the ongoing development of new reports. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Facilities Management & Construction and will partner closely with the Facilities Management Team and Project Manager.
This is the job for you because:
- Responsible for all Facilities Management activities for your allocated sites.
- Manage, develop, and source new vendor/contractor relationships and RFPs.
- Ensure your allocated sites comply with legal/ Provincial and company standards.
- Reduce operating costs by assisting with the sourcing of suitable services.
- Provide a balanced and calm approach during high-pressure situations.
- Coordinate and execute plans on multiple complex facility issues.
- Monitor service contract performance.
- Manage and adhere to allocated project budgets and strict timelines.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently and be solutions driven.
- Work with a wide and diverse range of building related areas.
- Conduct site surveys and generate required reports applicable to Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) and Ministry of Transportation.
- Support other regional plazas as needed.
You get things done and have a “can do” attitude! You are a self-starter, resourceful and curious by nature. You quickly wrap your head around the priorities, and you act accordingly. You will bring ideas, knowledge and will leverage your previous experience to assist in the maintenance of the plazas. You are a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of person and are solutions driven. You know how to build great relationships and are a effective communicator. You put the customer experience at the center of everything you do. This opportunity is based remotely with flexible work hours as you will be travelling to the plazas in your designated regions and will be required to come into the corporate resources center as needed.
You’ve got the necessary qualifications including 5+ years of Facilities Management of Multi unit/ Multi franchise brand sites (an asset). You have an Engineering degree/diploma or a combination of Buildings/ trades related qualification(s) and experience. You have proven experience in managing contractor performance, budget management and reporting. You have proven experience in managing small/medium construction projects. You can lift 40lbs and are comfortable climbing a ladder.
If you are excited by what you have read, then we want to hear from you. Maybe you know someone who would be great for this role, we thank you for letting them know about ONroute.