Relocation and Sign On Bonus to the U.S
Canadian Citizen Required
Ovation® Fertility is a national network of IVF labs, genetics labs and partner physician practices committed to applying leading-edge treatment through the hands and minds of the world’s foremost experts. We offer on the job training and opportunities for continued career and educational development.
We are seeking experienced embryologists to work at one of our location who are excited about continued development and growth in an Embryology Career. Below is a list of locations
- Austin, TX
- Newport Beach, CA
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Cincinnati, OH
The position is full time with a competitive benefits package. (Medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, referral program, 401K with employer match)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a biological science
- 3+years of experience in a IVF laboratory setting
Under the direction of senior staff an lab management the Embryologist will work diligently to continue developing andrology/embryology skills and competence. This position will participate in the daily operation of the human IVF and andrology laboratories. This position includes ‘hands-on’ involvement in clinical IVF laboratory work as directed. This position requires a focus on patient service, maintenance of the highest technical standards and provision of the services and resources necessary to support Ovation Fertility. This role will be expected to maintain CLIA and CAP standards regarding quality control/ quality management, procedural guidelines and day- to-day duties of the IVF laboratory.
- Undertake embryology laboratory procedures as directed.
- Attention to detail with an awareness and understanding of the sensitive and confidential nature of ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) treatment
- Comply with HIPAA privacy regulations
- Complete competency in latest technologies including, but not limited to: trophetoderm biopsy, oocyte vitrification, and complex micromanipulation skills
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of reproductive biology including the male and female reproductive system
- Demonstrate excellent clinical skills and be able to lead and work in a team environment
- Must be comfortable with the physical handling of oocytes, embryos and semen including hazardous specimens
- Management of aseptic techniques
- Must be competent in the correct assessment and grading of oocyte, embryo and sperm morphology
- Perform clerical tasks diligently and follow established protocols and laboratory guidelines
- Meticulous data entry into computer databases and software programs
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate patient logs and laboratory reports
- Communicate detailed information to patients, staff and regulatory bodies
- Desire to develop and coordinate clinical research projects
- Develops and completes research projects which are publishable
- Provides support for manuscript preparation and editing
- Provides support for CAP inspection preparedness and inspections
- Desire to obtain additional competency certification by the American Board of Bioanalysis.
- Clear, professional and timely communication with staff, physicians and patients.
- Participate in Continuing Technical Improvement exercises.
- Maintain technical proficiency in routine laboratory procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of routine and ad hoc analyses of data relating to performance of the laboratory and individual technologists and to specific research projects.
- Performs all procedures required for IVF cycles, including medium and dish preparation, egg retrieval, sperm preparation, fertilization check, embryo evaluation, cryopreservation and thawing, transfer, ICSI and assisted hatching. Experience with trophectoderm biopsy is preferred.
- Performs all andrology services, including preparation of semen samples for artificial inseminations and IVF, cryopreservation of sperm, and complete sperm analysis assessed by World Health Organization (WHO) standards.
- Performs laboratory quality control (QC), quality assessment (QA), and participates in quality improvement (QI) programs, record keeping and collection of data.
- Participates in research on oocytes cryopreservation, oocyte maturation, preimplantation genetic diagnosis and related research.
- Performs other duties as assigned, and in keeping with company policies, procedures and standards of patient care and initiatives toward continuous improvement at the individual and organizational level
- Perform daily embryology (set-up’s / egg retrievals / ICSI-IVF / fertilization –embryo development checks / embryo transfers / cryopreservation / testicular Bx preps-Cryo / embryo Bx for PGD) and reporting.
- Process semen specimens for artificial insemination/IVF-ICSI, hyaluran sperm binding assays and cryopreservation.
- Maintain, organize, scan and file patient results, making sure that all records are complete, including physician signatures, and accurate. Confirm results on the patient ART Summary sheets in EMR
- Perform and maintain quality control records on all materials associated with the IVF lab and process.
- Insure that all laboratory procedures have properly consented prior to performing them.
- Communicate directly with physicians regarding daily IVF/ICSI and embryo development outcomes.
- Perform quality assurance and preventative maintenance.
- QUA Maintain, clean and disinfect of the IVF Lab and its equipment (especially the incubators).
- Assist Lab staff in miscellaneous Lab Procedures, as needed.
- Inform and work with nurses to coordinate daily procedure scheduling.
- Work with the Lab supervisor to maintain ART records for SART.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Ovation is an EEO employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- What is your desired salary?
- Are you willing to relocate to the U.S?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Embryology: 3 years (preferred)