Maintenance & Facilities Worker I
27 January 2020
Permanent - Part Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 0Z7 CA
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
The Maintenance & Facilities Worker I is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance, museum exhibit and heritage related tasks in order to ensure that County buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner. The position performs a variety of maintenance duties in accordance with established procedures and policies of the County and applicable legislation. To be scheduled up to 20 hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Conduct general building maintenance including grounds keeping (i.e. snow shoveling and removal, grass cutting), collection and disposal of refuse when required.
2. Monitor inventory of supplies and storage of materials, completing requisitions as required.
3. Maintain records, utilize approved systems and follow preventative maintenance schedules as required.
4. Utilize, reconcile County purchasing card and create/receive purchase orders using approved systems.
5. Open and close County facilities and ensure they are secure as required.
6. Monitor cleanliness and conditions of assigned County facilities and report areas of concern via approved communication procedure and systems.
7. Act on immediate priorities (e.g. spills, accidents, full refuse container removal, clogged toilets) as required.
8. Ensure grounds are tidy as directed.
9. Paint buildings when required.
10. Meeting room set up and clean up, set up includes furniture placement, display tools and assisting meeting groups. Clean up includes furniture storage, cleaning furniture/equipment and cleaning physical space, as required at assigned facilities.
11. Complete the installation and set-up of displays and/or builds for special exhibits and events, including arranging and hanging of art work and/or static displays, on and off site.
12. Monitor site related manual and computerized systems throughout County facilities as required.
13. Maintain records, utilize approved systems and follow preventative conservation schedules as required.
14. Conduct deliveries and pick-ups as required.
15. Attend staff meetings as required.
16. Provide coverage at the front desk at the Museum for break coverage etc
17. Comply with Provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
18. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
19. Regular hours include weekends, statutory holidays, week days and evenings.
20. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Valid G class driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Ability to carry out instructions.
- Ability to do detailed or routine work accurately.
- Manual quickness, dexterity, and initiative required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to learn and operate in a fast paced, multi-functional environment where priorities change regularly.
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to safely use custodial equipment and tools.
- General knowledge of museum exhibition installation.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate basic mathematical, written communication and computer skills.
- Three (3) months related experience.
- Physical effort required when shoveling, lifting and moving furniture and boxes, etc.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- May be occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions, such as weather, cleaning solvents, dust, dirt, oil, greases, fumes, etc.
$22.97 - $24.50
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.