Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Type: Full-Time and Seasonal
Location: Kearl Lake
Schedule: 14 on / 14 off
- Camp & Flights from Hubs Calgary or Edmonton
Vacation pay at 6% - paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- H&D benefits
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
Base Pay increase available based on performance and progression
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
The Skilled Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment includes excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, skid steers, snowplows and other pieces of equipment. The Skilled Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, as well as company policies and procedures. Due to the nature of our work, Operators may be required to perform Laborer duties from time to time.
Must be experienced in operating all pieces of heavy equipment.
- Operate all assigned equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Read, countersign and enter comments into daily operator logbook
- Complete and document a pre-operational check on assigned equipment
- Grease equipment as necessary
- Ensure all equipment has proper safety equipment in place
- Keep interior clean
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance personnel
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and other employees
- Participate in Job Hazard Assessments, Feld Level Risk Assessments and line-up meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Equipment Foreman.
Education & Experience:
3-5 Years' experience operating equipment.
- Must have a valid Class 5 license. Class 1 or 3 license is preferred.
- Ability to lift and pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in all weather
- Ability to work shift work
- Safety conscious attitude
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation) is required.
- WHMIS 2015
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor, Ground Disturbance, First Aid & H2S Alive is an asset
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol and a Fit for Duty Test
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found.
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.