Health Sciences North (HSN) is a regional resource and referral centre for over 600,000 residents across northeastern Ontario. It features state-of-the-
art technology with over 3,900 employees, 800 volunteers and a medical, dental and midwifery complement of 260. HSN has become a Research and
Academic Health Science Centre affiliated with the Northern Ontario School of Medicine and the Health Sciences North Research Institute (HSNRI).
Toll free / Sans frais www.hsnsudbury.ca
Senior Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Executive
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
A dynamic and growing health care environment awaits you in Sudbury, Ontario: Canada’s happiest city!
Surrounded by provincial parks and over 300 lakes, Greater Sudbury has over 160,000 residents and has
a rich mix of urban, suburban, rural and wilderness environments. Only a one-hour flight or four-hour
drive from Toronto, here you will experience the balance of a challenging career and a comfortable
lifestyle, right in the heart of Northern Ontario’s largest city.
Health Sciences North is looking for a motivated and accomplished professional for the role of Senior
Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). As a Senior Executive Assistant
to the CEO, you will be responsible to provide efficient and confidential support and ensure the day-to-
day operations are effectively and efficiently managed, coordinated, and carried out. We are looking for
an individual who can perform highly complex, sensitive and confidential administrative duties, requiring
independent judgment and planning and to coordinate the effective scheduling of the CEO’s schedule.
Much of the work is self-appointed, and requires a high degree of professional independence, initiative and
self-discipline. The role requires an individual who is well-organized, thorough, and team-oriented as well
as has the ability to deliver high quality work by managing time and effort across a variety of complex
activities and taking initiative to carry out unanticipated tasks. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team
environment and are looking for a rewarding career opportunity, you are encouraged to view the full job
description on the HSN Careers Website.
We offer competitive salary and vacation, extended health and dental benefits, a pension plan through
HOOPP and relocation allowance to assist with moving expenses.
Interested applicants are asked to apply directly to posting #21-0337 by March 17, 2021 on the HSN
Careers Website at hsnsudbury.ca/careers. Note: Screening of applicants will begin March 8, 2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes as soon as possible. To learn more
about Sudbury, find the Relocating to Sudbury link on our careers portal.
Date Posted: February 24, 2021
Posting #: 21-0337
Position: Senior Executive Assistant to the President & Chief Executive Officer
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Program: Senior Leadership
Department: President and CEO Office
Site: Ramsey Lake Health Centre (RLHC)
Provide efficient and confidential support to the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and ensure the
day-to-day operations are effectively and efficiently managed, coordinated, and carried out. Provide leadership
and guidance to the Executive Assistant pool.
Under the general direction of the President and Chief Executive Officer.
1. Manage and coordinate the flow of information to and from the President and CEO’s Office.
2. Coordinate and schedule appointments for the CEO, and prioritize and maintain the CEO’s schedule.
3. Coordinate and process all agreements and contracts addressed to the CEO, including from the
Ministry of Health and Ontario Health.
4. Coordinate meetings for all CEO-led initiatives, record minutes, prepare agendas, ensure appropriate
follow-up, book meeting rooms, and coordinate Audio Visual (AV) and catering requirements.
5. Coordinate travel arrangements for the CEO; complete travel expense claims for submission and
approval as required.
6. Act as a chair for the senior leadership support team and provide leadership within the team.
7. Lead the recruitment of Executive Assistants when there is a vacancy.
8. Coordinate coverage of Executive Assistants to cover absences as required.
9. Oversee the creation of standard work documents for the Executive Assistants and the CEO’s Office.
10. Complete special projects as assigned.
11. Coordinate regular and special events as assigned by the CEO.
12. Maintain and update filing systems and electronic record management systems.
13. Complete monthly CEO expenses and quarterly expense reports for the Broader Public Service (BPS),
and ensure submission deadlines are met.
14. Manage and redirect correspondence/inquiries (i.e. telephone calls, walk-ins, emails, mail, fax) and
obtain approval as required.
15. Manage patient and employee complaints and direct to appropriate area for timely response.
16. Prepare and organize a variety of documents and correspondence in an accurate and professional
format, and obtain approval prior to issuance when required.
17. Conduct research, compile data, and maintain records.
18. Process bi-weekly payroll data as required.
19. Provide administrative support to members of the administrative team as required.
20. Assist with the fostering of strong effective partnerships with senior internal and external stakeholders
and administrative leaders.
21. Ensure the CEO is kept abreast on all internal and external issues, and is advised of and prepared for
all appointments and meetings.
22. Determine and align improvement projects with HSN’s Strategic Plan; monitor and adjust to achieve
23. Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and
safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
24. Educate and promote health, safety and wellness in the work place.
25. Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
26. Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Minimum of a two (2) year Diploma in a Business Administration or Office Administration,
from an accredited college.
2. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a senior administrative support role,
preferably in a health care environment.
1. Demonstrated minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute.
2. Demonstrated superior time management, prioritization, organizational, analytical, critical
thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in taking and transcribing minutes.
4. Demonstrated ability to conduct research, compile data, and independently manage small to
medium sized projects.
5. Demonstrated ability to direct and act as a resource for HSN-wide inquiries.
6. Demonstrated financial business acumen.
7. Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
8. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure
success and continue improvement.
9. Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (e.g.
Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Teams) and patient information systems.
10. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
11. Demonstrated ability to manage routine correspondence, multiple tasks/projects, diversified
workload and rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
12. Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
13. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
1. Demonstrated ability to work flexible hours and attend mandatory meetings as required.
2. Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
3. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
4. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
5. Demonstrated positive work record and excellent attendance record.
6. Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
7. Ability to travel between local sites.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability,
experience and qualifications as identified in the resume and completed
Application Form submitted. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal
interview where required.
Bilingualism is Required. In accordance with the FLS Plan, if no bilingual
candidates (both internal and external) meet the qualifications, unilingual
candidates may be considered.
N.B. Applications for this position must be submitted to the Human Resources Department before 1600
hours on March 17, 2021. Note: Screening of applicants will begin on March 8, 2021. Interested
candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes as soon as possible.