Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated to delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fulfill the role of Systems Testing/QA Specialist to join our dynamic team for our client
Contract Duration: Until November 30, 2023
- Provides advice on the testing strategy, test plans, the selection of testing tools, and the identification of resources required for testing
- Plans and organizes testing efforts for large systems in Graphical User Interface (GUI) and non-Graphical User Interface (GUI) environments, including the execution of systems integration tests, specialized tests, and user acceptance testing (e.g., stress tests)
- The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the development of test plans, test scripts and test cases and executing these against the various components.
- The tester will work with the testing lead and IT lead of each project as well as the project team members in the analysis, design, development, implementation and ongoing support of the required systems
- Experience in planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level Knowledge of structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
- Knowledge and experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- Knowledge and experience in the use of automated test tools and version control systems on one or more platforms
- Experience executing functional tests, non-functional tests and systems level integration tests
- Experience supporting user acceptance testing and participating in UAT activities Experience with quality assurance principles, practices, tools and structured methodologies
- Experience creating testing strategy documentation, test plans, test cases and test data for various types and phases of testing, including technical and business functional validation
- Experience in quality assurance and testing, including unit testing, integration testing, load testing, performance testing, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines Knowledge of one or more automated testing tools
- Knowledge and experience in at least one programming language
- Experience in the use of information retrieval packages
- Knowledge and understanding of testing methods in an object-oriented environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
- Experience planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems
- Experience coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
- Experience testing Commercial Off-the Shelf Applications (COTS)
- 10 years + of experience in planning and organizing testing efforts for both large and small systems in GUI (graphical user interface) and non GUI environments
- Demonstrated experience in executing functional tests, non-functional tests, and systems level integration tests
- Demonstrated experience in coding automated test scripts to produce sets of automated test cases
Nice to Haves:
- Demonstrated experience Knowledge and experience in the use of DevOps tools (Jira, Azure DevOps)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50.00-$60.00 per hour
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON