A little about us
Elite Communications is proud to be one of Western Canada’s best telecommunication authorized dealers and service specialists. We partner with only the best service providers for Residential and Business Internet, Phone, Video, Satellite, Fiber Optics and Coaxial installations and service. We pay competitive rates, and the earning potential is only limited to your effort. This is an amazing opportunity to work for yourself, but not by yourself. Elite is here to support you and make entrepreneurship easier.
Our focus is to deliver a high-quality service with integrity and professionalism to our customers, our business partners, and our service technicians.
(Please read all requirements, duties, skills and experience before applying. Only qualified Candidates will be contacted).
Elite Communications is currently seeking an Independent Contractor as a Direct-to-Home Satellite Technician for the areas around Weyburn, Stoughton, Redvers, Carnduff, Estevan, Oungre, Bengough, Ogema, etc. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for completing residential and business satellite installations and service calls between the Manitoba boarder to the West, the US boarder to the South, towns such as Carlyle and Yellow Grass to the North and towns such as Kayville, Bengough and Big Beaver to the West.
For the successful candidate with the right attitude, skills and experience, additional opportunities may become available in related fields.
We have approximately 2 - 3 days of work in these areas each week, but if you want to work more, you can make sales of Satellite TV systems. You then make very competitive sales commissions in addition to regular installation wages.
- Install satellite video services for residential customers and small businesses
- Troubleshoot and repair satellite video service for residential customers and small businesses
- Work closely with our dispatch office to maintain the highest customer service
- Use smart phone applications to aid in service and installation activities
- Submit semi-monthly reporting on completed jobs
- Collaborate with our business partners to solve problems and find solutions
- Order, store and manage equipment/inventory
- Work in various weather conditions, outdoor and indoor
- Complete required online learning courses and certifications
Skills and Experience
- Previous DTH satellite installation experience, IPTV or cable television installation experience or a skilled trade such as electrical or related technical experience is required
- You must be self-motivated and have a desire to perform high quality work while providing a best in class customer experience
- You must be very responsible and be an advocate for Elite Communications and the partners we represent
- You must be reliable and be available by phone and email and return messages in a reasonable timeframe
- You should be a team player and collaborate with our other technicians to solve problems and continuously learn and improve
- Capable of using the tools of the trade, including but not limited to signal meters, power tools, hand tools, ladders and RG6 coaxial tools
- Able to work at heights or in confined spaces
Requirements – to be considered for this job, you must have or obtain the following:
- A Federal Business Registration Number (GST Number)
- Contractor Liability Insurance (min $2,000,000 liability)
- Your own Power Tools and Hand Tools (signal meter, drill, wrenches, screwdrivers, cable tools, etc.)
- Smart Phone with good data plan (laptop not required but an asset)
- A reliable truck or van that is in good esthetic shape and a valid driver’s licence
- A 24’ extension ladder and a smaller step ladder
- Safety Equipment: steel-toed boots, hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection harness
- PPE – mask (to wear inside homes and businesses), gloves, hand sanitizer, etc.
- A small, secure storage space (i.e. shed, garage, etc.)
- Speak, read and write English
Other details: You must be bondable. A criminal record check and proof of sufficient insurance will be required upon job offer. Many of the above-mentioned expenses are tax deductible, as well as the mileage on your vehicle.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
All customers are pre-screened by telephone questionnaire, asked to wear masks or not to be in the same room as technicians (6 feet apart at all times).