Pssst! We know why you’re here.
You’re tired of working for an employer that doesn’t appreciate you. You’re bored at a company that doesn’t inspire you.
We get it. We’re not like “them”- we’re different.
Come work for Mysa. The grass really is greener. How do we know? Because we fertilize it with a ton of perks, and work-life flexibility. Because our employees brag to their friends about how awesome their jobs are. Because we often find it hard to tell if we’re “working” or “playing”... Because we understand the value of fostering a unique company culture.
What we have to offer you:
- A rewarding career where you can sharpen your skills and let them shine
- Feeling recognized and appreciated for your work and effort
- Flexible (PTO) Paid Time Off (Yes. Unlimited paid vacation - within reason of course!)
- Flexible environment (Work from home or a coffee shop as you see fit)
- Flexible hours (No set “office hours”; You work 40 hrs/wk, and meet your role requirements)
- Training & Development Allowance
- Health & Wellness Allowance
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary increases
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health, Dental & Vision Benefit Plan
Have we enticed you yet? Here’s a few additional perks:
- Modern, open, and fun office environment
- Downtown office feel, with free parking
- Quarterly team building initiatives
- Fully stocked "Snack Center" (Fresh fruit, breads, oatmeal, and various food snacks for everyone!)
- Free Pizza Lunch every second Friday (We think every Friday should be awesome, not just paydays!)
- New pair of high quality sound reducing headphones (You know, to go into your zone)
- Credit towards a smart home product purchase
- Innovative software and technology (Slack is our internal communication tool - need we say more?)
We’ve made you want it now, haven’t we? Imagine how you’ll feel when you meet us and see our office.
There’s more good news… Our team is rapidly growing!
We’re looking for multiple highly motivated Software Developers to join our team - where you’ll help to design and build web applications, and backend infrastructure, for our smart home products. With thousands of customers and connected devices interacting with our cloud service, the job will involve developing highly scalable and reliable software. Our infrastructure is built on Amazon Web Services, and you will be working heavily with services such as DynamoDB and Lambda.
What You Will Do:
- Work with cutting edge technology to develop new solutions
- Collaborate with our UI/UX and visual designers to craft the best user experience
- Work closely with other software developers, as well as the hardware design and development teams, to ensure our entire technical ecosystem interoperates smoothly
- Develop new features in React (web) and React Native (mobile)
- Help improve our software development processes
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology and products
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement
Who You Are:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field combined with software development training
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant software development or web development work experience
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Able to work comfortably in either a Windows, Linux or Mac development environment
- Analytical thinker, with a creative mind, and an adaptable nature
- Ability to work well on your own, or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
Our mission is to fight climate change. Mysa, the first smart thermostat for high voltage electric baseboard heating, has been saving energy usage, and costs, for thousands of homeowners across North America. Through innovative technology, driving energy efficiency and conservation, our product is designed to help the world become more environmentally friendly and sustainable. Our desire is to rapidly expand our product line across various markets, while building a work environment and culture that brings out the best in our people.
At Mysa, we believe people are the heart of our business – and we appreciate each individual’s unique qualities and diverse experiences. So, if this role sounds exciting to you, and you fit most of the criteria, do not hesitate to apply - we value individual abilities over a profile on paper.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply with a cover letter and resume identifying the job title “Software Developers” in the subject line of your submission.
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us all different. Your application to this posting is deemed to be consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Job Type: Permanent