Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Mobile Software Test Engineer is a coder who is primarily responsible for creating automated tests and improving code testability. You will be working on both the iOS and Android native app. This role is critical to the success of the mobile team - the test code that you write will help determine if the software is ready for customer release!
This is an excellent opportunity to join our rapidly growing global company as part of our Dayforce Mobile or Dayforce Wallet teams. We are looking for someone that is passionate, collaborative and learning oriented who wants to build a thought-leading mobile Human Capital Management product. Ceridian's Dayforce Wallet is a new industry leading product that enables employees access to their earning in real-time. Our Dayforce Mobile app allows our millions of users to make transactions through our Android and iOS application anywhere, anytime.
- Architect test harnesses and infrastructure frameworks to run automated tests for both Android and iOS app.
- Write strategic code and scripts to test software modules
- Analyze test results and improve the areas with higher defect trends
- Actively participate in continuous quality improvements
- Actively participate in code reviews
- Find ways to break the code and prevent issues
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related field
- Good coding skills in Objective C / Java. C# is a bonus. Coding is a core part of this role!
- Solid experience with test automation using Android Studio and XCode. Appium, Jenkins, FitNesse, Selenium, Robotium are all a bonus.
- Excellent understanding of the concepts in the Guide to Writing Testable Code
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with SQL and an understanding of relational database system
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Inquisitive attitude - success in this team involves change and adaptability!
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.