St. Joseph’s Villa is searching for Nurses to join our growing team. We are currently offering hiring bonuses to successful candidates selected for Full-time and Part-time Registered Practical Nurse positions. We take pride in providing high quality person centred care for our vulnerable population and we are looking for nurses who share our vision.
Who We Are:
St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers and advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
Every member of our team matters.
What We Offer:
- Free Membership to our on-site Staff Fitness Centre
- Educational Scholarships, Mentorship & Support for Career Advancement
- Teaching & Facilitator Opportunities with partnership programs for community colleges, universities and secondary schools
- Recognition for Excellence through Annual Service Awards and Applause Awards
- Contributions to the HOOP Pension Plan
- Health and Wellness Benefits through Manulife Financial (eligibility & enrollment varies)
- St. Joseph Health System Employee Rewards/Discount Program
- Employee Celebrations through Spirit Committee, Staff Appreciation Week, Nurses Week etc.
St. Joseph’s Villa Dundas is currently seeking Registered Practical Nurses to join our growing and dynamic team!
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all duties in accordance with legislation, the Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses on Ontario, the College of Nurses Guidelines for Professional Behavior, physicians’ orders, the Mission Statement, Organizational and Management Philosophies and policies and standards of St. Joseph’s Villa.
- Participates in the nursing process to contribute to the initial and ongoing assessment of the resident’s health status, and in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
- Supervise nursing care for resident’s whose health status is stabilized, and collaborates with the Registered Nurse regarding the provision of nursing care for residents whose health status is unstable.
- Is able to identify and prioritize and respond appropriately to demands of the Position.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining professional competence, seeks guidance when unable to perform required skills competently and shares responsibilities for maintaining and improving both knowledge and skills in the care of the elderly
- Participates in education in-services, Villa activities, ad hoc committees, and performs other related duties as required.
- Contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
- Successful completion of approved Medication Administration Program (Community College)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: Registered Nurse, RPN, Nursing, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton, Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton, Burlington, Stoney Creek
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- LPN/RPN (required)
- CPR Certification (preferred)
- Registration with the CNO (required)