Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Bilingual Disability Claims Specialist
What is the opportunity?
- We're currently hiring - Apply Now! Remote work across all locations nationwide
As a Bilingual (French & English) Disability Claims Specialist you will adjudicate and manage disability claims in a team-oriented, multi-disciplinary, digital environment. You will be responsible for ensuring claims are recertified and paid in accordance with unit procedures while delivering superior client service. You will be required to apply appropriate risk management strategies which impact the company’s financial results, reputation and regulatory risks, client relationships, and business retention.
What will you do?
- Adjudicate claims utilizing a multidisciplinary claim management model to; ensure objective, fair and thorough claim adjudication, comply with practices and procedures and regulatory requirements, provide the highest level of customer service and manage reputational risk and, develop and implement claims management and return to work strategies on assigned caseloads where warranted
- Manage a large caseload of disability claims
- Document the appropriate next steps while effectively applying the adjudication process
- Professionally communicate outcomes to our clients
- Given the very sensitive nature of the information gathered in the adjudication process, extreme care must be exercised in the handling of a claim in order to guard against any breach of confidentiality
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
What will you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education and a minimum 2 years of direct claims experience
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (written and spoken)
- Experience in effectively managing complex claims
- Strong analytical and decision making skills and the ability to multitask and balance multiple goals and priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with customers in a manner that is professional with a high degree of customer service
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Proven disability claims experience, ideally in Individual Disability Claims
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Develops new markets and expands existing ones for an insurance product line or within a given territory in order to meet specific performance goals. Applies basic theories, skills, and practices to accomplish assignments.
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.