Role and Responsibilities
The DBA/Technical Analyst must possess exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills and will be responsible for the provision of application maintenance and support services for users of Gemstone Logistics’ business applications while maintaining the Company values as per below:
Creating a peaceful and respectful atmosphere for our employees, as well as treating them and our clients as truly valuable members of the Gemstone family.
Working hard for our clients but in a happy and energetic environment that allows for everyday enjoyment and increased motivation on the job.
Appreciating people for who they are and providing them with the right tools to support their strengths and talents.
Being real and genuine in all our products and services, because we pride ourselves on being exactly who we say we are.
Encouraging our employees to do what they love, and to do it exceptionally well.
Holding our company to high standards of service and taking our responsibility to both our employees and clients seriously.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct database related issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end;
- Monitor health and performance of assigned servers/services, proactively working to ensure stability;
- Provide efficient reactive support to unforeseen issues and coordinate or escalate as needed to address problems quickly;
- Investigate and troubleshoot interface code to support client issues;
- Investigate and troubleshoot network issues;
- Prioritize requests in accordance with agreed criteria and with reference to the DBA Lead;
- Provide technical expertise to assist in project deployments and systems refreshes;
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed;
- Work closely with other Technical Analyst/Database Administrator to gain understanding of processes and procedures regarding network infrastructure and client environments;
- Assist with quality assurance testing;
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determine appropriate actions to take;
- Collaborate and communicate with the IT team, support team and development team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Proficient knowledge of SQL Server, T-SQL queries, stored procedures, and experience in supporting desktop and web applications.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic and communication skills;
- Application systems – experience of recording and solving application support issues from customers, prioritizing requests, implementing and communicating timely solutions, both in database and web environments;
- Knowledge of web programming languages and development methodologies;
- Business analysis techniques - familiar with techniques which help in modelling and understanding a business and its operation;
- Information modelling tools – familiar with tools and techniques which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships and use of information within an organization;
- Operating systems – familiar with Microsoft Windows and Server;
- Operating infrastructure – familiar with general IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems, local area networks, etc.);
- Professional standards - familiar with safety standards, help desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes;
- Analytical thinking - acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts;
- Attention to detail - applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked;
- Information acquisition - well developed analytical and problem solving capabilities in identifying gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps;
- Customer focus - understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions;
- Oral and written expression - communicating effectively by word of mouth and in writing.
- Strong time management and task management skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for communicating complex technical issues to both peers and non-technical staff.
Environmental & Physical Demands
- Constant forward flexed spine while standing or sitting at work station;
- Constant mental and visual attention;
- Required to act under pressure and make decisions that ensure Gemstone Logistics’ day to day business systems run correctly;
- A high level of concentration required, often under pressure from users;
- The ability to adjust to the changing demands of Gemstone Logistics at short notice and associated time management and prioritizing skills required to make this possible;
- A willingness to work evenings and weekends when operational requirements dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
- SQL: 4 years (Preferred)
- Database Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mandarin (Preferred)