Applicants are invited to apply for a Permanent Part-Time Housekeeping/laundry aide position at Parkview Manor Health Care Centre, a 34 bed long term care facility, located in Chesley Ontario (Bruce County).
- Provides all aspects of environmental cleaning in assigned work areas.
- Ensures daily the neatness and cleanliness of residents' rooms, offices and common areas including, but not limited to, rooms and equipment including furniture, closets, windows, walls, floors, shower and tub rooms, washrooms, reception area, break rooms, etc.
- Prepares room for new occupant following prescribed procedures to ensure tour ready at all times.
- Maintains optimal levels of infection control within the work area, using specified cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing agents
- Collects and dispose of garbage in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Puts stock and supplies away on delivery as required.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and performs duties, including but not limited to routine, deep, terminal and discharge cleaning, floor cleaning and maintenance, and waste management according to schedules.
- Collects and sorts soiled personal clothing and linens and pre-treats stains as required.
- Loads and unloads washers and dryers ensuring that proper settings are used and that chemical supplies are at an appropriate level.
- Inspects soiled linens or personal laundry to determine types of repair required. Repairs personal clothing and mends rips, tears and thin spots on linens.
- Folds, segregates, and stacks linens and residents' clothing, ironing as required.
- Labels all personal clothing.
- Delivers linens and clothing to appropriate resident areas.
- Is responsible for maintaining a clean work area and following infection control policies.
- Adheres to established facility policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices.
- Completes quality assurance activities such as monitoring supplies, audits, and inspections.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Environmental Manager.
- Complete documentation as required according to facility policy/job routines.
- Previous experience in Institutional Cleaning/Laundry in a Long-Term Care setting is an asset.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.62 to $18.85 /hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)