Reporting to the Manager, Contracts and Procurement, is responsible for procurement activities and contracts associated with the Paramedic and Seniors Services Branch (PSS) by researching and providing support in the development and implementation of PSS contract administration and procurement processes, ensuring due diligence and compliance with PSS standards and the Region’s Purchasing Bylaw.
- Successful completion of a College Diploma in Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of one of the following certification programs as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (C.P.P.B.) with the Institute for Public Procurement (NIGP) and/or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) with Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA).
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience, preferably in the public sector, dealing with contract management issues including demonstrated experience in coorinating all aspects of the procurement process for the purchase of goods and services.
- Knowledge of municipal polices, purchasing legislation, compliance and risk, Bylaws and contract management methods.
- Good verbal and business/technical writing skills,
0830 – 1630
How to Apply
Please apply online by March 31, 2020 We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email
$40.60 to $44.12 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)