Robert Half is searching for an experienced Assistant Controller for a Property Management client located in Ottawa. This is a full time/permanent position.
- Update training materials and departmental procedures as needed
- Prepare internal financial statements by gathering and analyzing information
- Prepare general ledger entries and reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve any tax issues with respect to purchase orders and invoices
- Establishment of procedures and processes
- Plan and participate in upgrades to system
- Lead and participate in the year-end audit process
- Contributions to special projects as they arise
- Review account reconciliations, analyze results, and prepare reporting.
- Post-secondary degree in business or accounting or enrolled in the CPA program is considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Foundational knowledge in year end closings
- Solid understanding of auditing
- Experience with basic T2 Corporate taxes is an asset
- Excellent computer skills, in particular use of Excel and ERP systems
- Ability to communicate both in writing and orally with staff and other functional groups.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.