This is full-time, position for an Electromechanical Technician to assist in production and testing of Wide Format Printing machines. We seek a practical, hands-on person who is eager to learn, able to follow instructions and handle multiple tasks. The qualifying candidate must be adaptable and able to work in a changing environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE: Must be able to work with minimal supervision, perform the functions necessary to troubleshoot, repair and install electrical components. Must be able to work in a self-directed team-oriented environment. Being self-motivated and having a proactive approach to problem solving. Exceptional organizational skills and creative thinking will help in order to be successful in this position.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Correctly diagnose all electrical, mechanical and pneumatic problems.
- Align, fit and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures and templates.
- Inspect parts for defects.
- Manage inventory of spares and documentation of such parts.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies using soldering equipment and hand tools.
- Read engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies using test instruments.
- Monitor gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine is functioning properly.
- Determine causes of operating errors.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- 2 or 3 year certificate from a technical college in Electrical/Electronic or Electromechanical engineering program.
- Must be practical, hands-on and able to use basic hand tools, eg., electric drills, jig saw, hack saw, grinder, soldering iron.
- Ability to cope with multiple priorities and tasks.
- Great verbal communication skills one to one and in team settings.
- Approachable and able to deal with a variety of different outlooks and opinions.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to set clear goals and achieve superior results.
- must be self motivated
- must be flexible and able to work in a changing environment
- must be able to follow detailed instructions
Electromechanical engineering technician diploma or equivalent
Maintenance Technician: 5 years (Preferred),
Electrical Panel Assembly & wiring: 3 year (Preferred)
Salary & Benefits:
Competitive wage scale. Matches with skills & experience for deserving candidate.
Medical Benefits - 100% paid by the company
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
- technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)