Machine Operator - Mckinley Flexo Folder Gluer Operator
Straight Afternoon Shift(Full-time): 3pm to 11pm
What does Coleman Containers Ltd/Boxes Next Day do?
Coleman Containers supplies custom corrugated packaging solutions to businesses in Canada and the US. We take organizations entire business operations into consideration, offering long-term solutions to their packaging needs.
Since 1966, customers have come to trust the Coleman Containers name for their packaging needs. Customers buy from us because we always use fair business practices, always provide competitive pricing, and always provide top quality.
This position reports directly to the Shift Production Supervisor and is responsible for: All activities associated with running the Machine including but not limited to set-up, operation, pre-run, during and post-run quality check-up, cleanup, preparation of work order for maintenance and continuous improvement. Safety and efficiency are top of concern.
McKinley Flexo Folder Gluer Machine Operator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in a safe manner at all times by following all company safety procedures and rules.
- Wear complete Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) before, during and while inside the production area. Ensure that all McKinley crews are wearing complete PPE’s, advise to wear accordingly before operating the machine.
- Keep a safe distance away from the tow motor when corrugate are being brought to the machine.
- Review work orders to determine job specifications and initial the “Special Instructions” on the Factory Ticket to indicate review and understanding.
- Direct activities of McKinley 2nd man, 3rd man and 4th and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to.
- Inputs order information into computer in the plant data collection section.
- Conduct or assist in machine set up such as preparing and mounting print plates, setting up slots and scores, adjusting the glue section and rails, putting ink in the machine, getting, removing and washing print dies.
- Run conveyor belt to clean off any product going to the baler machine.
- Set Sauer heads, gear lock on all 3 sections of machine, lock/unlock layboy, adjust the slotting knives, set control bars.
- Lockout machine before entering.
- Unlock lockout and ensure that all padlocks are removed by its owner before operating the machine.
- Check and ensure that glue system is operating properly.
- Operate the McKinley machine and ensure that print, slots and scores are correct from a finished product and adjusts when required.
- Monitor regular runs for quality and consistency, visually and through conducting regular quality checks according to our procedures for in-process inspection.
- Troubleshoot by analyzing and resolving quality issues as they occur.
- Set up the machine for the next order.
- Assist other crew members as needed
- Reduce quality issues and improve efficiencies.
- Cleans and lubricates machine and performs other routine machine maintenance as per specified schedule. Turn in work order for machine maintenance as needed.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including conduct, Health & Safety, and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Ensure compliance with set policies and procedures within I.S.O. 9001 standard.
- Train other colleagues with job duties on machine as needed.
- Additional duties related to this job classification as assigned by the production supervisor or manager.
- Strong technical experience preferably with 3-4 colour printing.
- Must be able to communicate in fluent English both verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to use and read a tape measure.
- With prior corrugated converting experience (1-2 years)
- Some computer experience would be considered an asset.
- Able to interpret variety of instructions in the Factory Ticket
- Able to provide and communicate sound information to Supervisor.
- Able to define problems, collect data/facts (observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources) and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Able to deal with various situations, to work independently as individual and part of a team
- Be able to work straight afternoon shift 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m plus some overtime on weekends when required
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Why work with Coleman Containers Ltd./Boxes Next Day Inc?
- Competitive Pay $28/hour
- Straight shift - Monday to Friday (Afternoon shift- 3pm to 11pm)
- Great Corporate Culture
- An employer that cares about the Health & Safety of its employees
- A career with an organization that has been in the Corrugate industry for over 50 years
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Up to $28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Do you have any experience in the Corrugated/Paper converting industry?
- Machine Operator: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person