Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Trading and Client Service Team, the Investment Representative (IR) is the primary point of contact for Scotia iTRADE clients through our inbound Contact Centre. The IR is a licensed role, allowing the incumbent to execute trade orders on behalf of clients. The IR will provide prompt, accurate and professional service, while ensuring that call quality standards are met and that a high level of client focus is demonstrated at all times. The incumbent will respond to client inquiries, troubleshoot basic technical problems, provide product and service literature and will research and resolve client problems. The incumbent is also responsible for introducing our clients to additional service offerings by spotting and initiating cross-sell and referral opportunities.The incumbent will proactively adhere to the business line strategy of promoting and providing a client focused culture, directly contributing to the overall success and profitability of the business.
1. Actively promoting and providing industry leading client service to every client, every time by:
- Maintaining expert understanding of the Mainstreet & Gold client segments, trading platforms, order routing to serve clients effectively and efficiently.
- Ensuring that every client experience is consistent with Scotia iTRADE’s service standards.
- Actively engaging in client inquiries, problem-solving and providing value-added client service to achieve First Call Resolution.
- Liaising and collaborating with Manager to execute effective client solutions.
- Communicating clearly, concisely, and providing accurate information to clients.
- Ensuring the timely and prompt submission of client instructions and client follow-up.
- Answering service and trade related inquiries in a fast paced and dynamic contact centre environment. Inquiries come through various channels including telephone & email.
- Liaising with supervisors, settlements, credit and executing brokers to ensure proper handling of client orders.
- Providing clients with added value solutions and spotting opportunities to strengthen client relationships by growing their business with Scotia iTRADE and/or our Partners
- Providing flexibility to back up other Queues, including Client Care Queue, iClub Qs, etc.
2. Adhering to and promoting all processes that ensure the effective and compliant delivery of outstanding client service by:
3. Minimizing potential risk and harm for the business by:
- Ensuring that service objective levels are met and exceeded.
- Ensuring that client complaints are appropriately resolved, communicated to clients, documented and archived.
- Ensuring the timely escalation of issues/obstacles/trends to Manager and/or applicable department contact as appropriate with recommendations and/or solutions.
- Possessing advanced knowledge on facilitating and executing client trades as directed by clients for the following: Equity, EFTs, Mutual Funds, Fixed Income and FX transactions, pursuant to firm and industry policy and procedures.
- Providing clients with stock re-organization details including offers and deadlines and accepting and submitting client instructions.
- Collaborating with Manager to identify system issues and enacting back-up procedures as necessary.
- Seizing opportunities to grow the business by identify and acting on business development opportunities.
- May be required to provide trading based overrides/approval when higher authorization limits are needed. This involves a clear understanding of authorization limits and a detailed trade analysis to ensure all risks are fully understood before issuing release.
- Knowledge of equity strategies and the ability to assess corresponding Margin Requirements
- Ability to perform margin client interviews to assess client knowledge in regards to account upgrades
- Identifying and resolving trading discrepancies efficiently and accurately and able to request or process trade corrections with the approval of compliance or management
- Developing familiarity in areas including anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and privacy laws.
- Actively adhering to all Guidelines for Business Conduct and Privacy policies.
- Adhering to and ensuring compliance with Know Your Customer requirements.
- Acting quickly to alleviate errors and reduce firm exposure.
- Understanding role in a Business Continuity Plan outage.
4. Solidifies existing Scotia iTRADE business and creates new business opportunities by initiating cross-sell and referral opportunities by:
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of SiT by:
- Recognizing and appropriately actioning quality opportunities
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
- Participating in and supporting change initiatives for the team and the Centre
- Involved in special projects as required
Required Industry Courses:
- College Diploma/University Degree
- IIROC licensed as an IR and DFOL (Derivative Fund Options License)
- 2-4 years industry experience
- Minimum of 1 year sales experience is required, including the ability to identify cross-sell and referral opportunities
- Previous discount brokerage experience
- Broad investment product knowledge in Equities, Fixed Income & Mutual Fund Securities
- Strong attention to detail and ability to recognize risk to the firm
- Ability to set and achieve goals, and work independently
- Strong communication / interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of back office functionalities
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and accurately
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and duties, dependent on current situations and directives from management
- Expert knowledge of procedures related to securities settlement
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to ensure optimum telephone coverage and adherence to established service standards
- Strong attention to exceptional client experience
- Language skills considered an asset: Cantonese, Mandarin, French
Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.