Marketing and Communications Assistant
(6 - 8 Month Contract Position with Opportunity for Full Time Role)
Eau Claire Distillery Ltd. - Turner Valley, AB
Eau Claire Distillery is a dynamic, fast growing and entrepreneurial company, producing and selling award winning spirits, including Gin, Vodka, Whisky and a number of seasonal products. It is the first Single Malt Whisky distillery in Alberta. Eau Claire produces farm to glass products and is rapidly growing its market reach across Canada and into the United States. It is fully integrated and grows grain through its own farming operations, including a horse farming component in Southern Alberta. Eau Claire Distillery is a fun, fast paced, team environment.
As the Marketing and Communications Assistant the successful candidate will assist the Marketing and Communications Specialist on all initiatives including the execution of the company’s overall strategic marketing and communications plans. This role is responsible for ensuring the company’s brand standards are met consistently through all mediums, activations or events (online, print, broadcast, events, trade shows, social media, blogs or video). The role will be responsible for developing relationships with media and industry influencers nationally and internationally. This position offers significant career growth potential, with a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial company. The chosen candidate should be someone who excels at collaborating, works well in a fast paced environment and takes initiative to get things done!
- Assist in contributing to all online platforms for Eau Claire Distillery (Website, YouTube, Email campaigns, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, digital advertising etc.).
- Update and engage on social media platforms for Eau Claire Distillery. Creating engaging content, promotion of upcoming events and prompt interaction with followers.
- Respond to customer inquiries on all online platforms.
- Create and distribute newsletters and mail-outs and, manage all online tour and event databases.
- Coordinate Cocktail Caddy subscription fulfillment.
- Report analytics for all online platforms.
- Website page editing, updates and article writing as required.
- Assist in the creation of printed material as required.
- Assist in developing point of sale materials to support sales team including signage, branded clothing, trade show materials.
- Assist in all advertising initiatives including but not limited to; copy-writing, approvals of script and ads. Mediums: print, radio, TV, and online.
Events, Sponsorship & Public Relations
- Develop and maintain local and regional media contact list
- Coordinate customer and consumer engagement, event promotion, awards, competitions, and social media activities.
- Assist in supporting the Marketing Team in event/promotion pre-planning, on-site management and execution.
- Research and develop new partnerships, sales and sponsorship opportunities.
- Assist in lead generation programs including off-site partnership locations.
Education and Job Requirements
- Passion for the Eau Claire Distillery brand and the craft spirit industry.
- A Self-motivated individual with strong work ethic and creative ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that involves multi-tasking, collaborative work and tight deadlines.
- Experience with creating and implementing a media outreach and public relations campaign
- Has a post-secondary diploma or degree in Marketing, Digital Media, Communications, Public Relations or Business
- Previous experience with article, blog writing, photography and videography an asset
- Strong communication, organization and people skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), digital advertising, social media and/or graphic design/Photoshop is considered an asset.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent strategic planning, project management, and problem-solving skills
Career Package and Environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flex hours
- Combination of home based office and distillery onsite activities.
- The distillery industry is a highly social, consumer focused business, and candidates should be prepared for some travel, evening engagements and many collaborative intra-industry events.
- Health Plan
- A fun, team based environment
Please include “Communications and Marketing Assistant” in the subject line of your email application.
Please note – only successful interview candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract