Position Type: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Location(s): York Region
Years Experience: 1-3 years
The Alzheimer Society of York Region helps improve the quality of life for people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and related diseases. We provide supportive counselling and education opportunities for individuals and families living with dementia. AS York also provide respite to caregivers and social activities for persons diagnosed with cognitive impairment through our D.A.Y. Centres. A non-profit, community based agency, AS York offers programs and works in partnership with several community organizations across the Region of York.
The Alzheimer Society of York Region is seeking an Events Coordinator who is responsible for supervising and overseeing fundraising and event coordination, promotion, profitability and execution; managing events and fund development volunteers; and identifying new community opportunities to enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of special events and funds raised to meet the annual fundraising goal. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Philanthropy.
- Plan, execute and enhance fundraising and special events (i.e. Forget-Me-Not Breakfast, Walk for Alzheimer’s, Donor Recognition Reception, Coffee Break, Third Party).
- Measure and evaluate events through surveys (develop/conduct) and research to improve quality and efficiency and prevent/reduce risk associated with the existing fundraising and special events.
- With the assistance of the Director of Philanthropy and in collaboration with the Fund Development Coordinator engage, identify and promote community partnerships in order to acquire sponsorships, in-kind donations and promotional activities.
- Prospect review, clearance and coordination of opportunities with CEO at national/provincial levels, and management of event sponsorship prospects.
- Represent the Alzheimer Society of York Region at Third Party fundraisers subject to priorities and schedule.
- Train, supervise and schedule and evaluate a diverse group of up to 100 event volunteers, ranging in age from 13-75 years old to provide on-site event assistance.
- Work in collaboration with Communications and Fund Development Coordinator in compliance with the communication plan to ensure public promotion of events/third party events, and the consistency of communication method when providing events updates to newsletters, website and social media as required.
- Work in collaboration with Communications and Fund Development Coordinator to develop fundraising and special events announcements, press releases and signage for print and electronic media outlets.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in events management or related field
- 3+ years planning events in a not-for-profit environment required; experience working with volunteers; proven experience in securing corporate sponsorships preferred
- Ability to manage, build and maintain existing and potential sponsors
- Excellent organizational and project management skills including the ability to work
- independently, prioritize, meet deadlines and co-ordinate a number of projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s E-Tapestry, Raiser’s Edge, Luminate or similar fundraising databases preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in strategic planning
- Ability to work independently / or as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize, high degree of accuracy, attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
Thank you to all candidates for your interest, however, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Compensation: Salary, Mileage
PLEASE REPLY BY EMAIL by 4:00 pm on November 25, 2019 with a cover letter and resume to: Lynne A. Bonneville, HR Generalist, HRM - Alzheimer Society of York Region
Please bring references to interview, if you are selected. Thank you to all candidates for your interest, only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at 905-726-3477. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Full-time
- events: 1 year (Preferred)