At Halton Region, we treat everyone with respect, honesty, fairness and trust. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Halton Region is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
At Halton, you are encouraged to grow and succeed in your career and are recognized for your accomplishments and contributions. As an employee, you will be part of a progressive, service focused and award winning employer with a diverse and inclusive work environment and strong long-term financial position and AAA credit rating.
As an employer of choice, Halton Region recognizes the many benefits of hybrid work arrangements including flexibility and better work-life balance for our employees. This position is eligible for our Hybrid Work Program.
Posting ID: 2349
Division: Financial Services & Payroll
Pay Range: $53,859 - $71,814
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Work Location: 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville
Employee Group: OCT
Posting Date: September 25, 2023
Application Deadline: September 29, 2023
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the ideal candidate will be customer-centric with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy. This role is responsible for reviewing and keying of vendor invoices, working closely with various program areas within the Organization to ensure timely and accurate invoice entry and payment. Prioritizing tasks and effective time management is a must in our high-volume environment.
- Processes payment of all goods and services purchased by the Regional Municipality of Halton and Halton Community Housing Corporation in a timely manner, in accordance with Regional by-laws, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), and internal controls (vendor invoices, purchase cards, employee expense reimbursement, cheque requisitions, etc.).
- Ensures all financial transactions have the appropriate authorizations, general ledger account distribution and tax calculations.
- Prepares monthly general ledger reconciliations and exception reporting.
- Reconciles vendor statements by analyzing transactions and researching discrepancies including purchase card transactions and vendor invoice uploads.
- Prepares journal entries (i.e. year-end accruals).
- Assists Regional staff, vendors, internal and external auditors with financial inquiries.
- Assists with a variety of accounting tasks within Accounting Services.
- Secondary school diploma with community college level accounting courses.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounts payable environment.
- Proven record of accurate data entry skills while managing high volumes and maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, data entry and organizational skills and must be detail oriented.
- Experience with SAP, Excel and automated invoice processing.
- Flexibility in working hours will be required.
Important information about your application:
- In accordance with requirements in Ontario Regulation 191/11 – Integrated Accessibility Standards and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Region will accommodate the needs of individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition representative of the nature of the accommodation(s) you require.
- Please submit your application online. We will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities and others who are not able to apply online. If you experience any issues with submitting your application, please contact HR Access at 905-825-6000 extension 7700.
- Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date specified on the posting.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by email and/or phone. Please ensure the contact information provided on your resume is up to date and that you check your email and voicemail regularly.
Halton Region serves more than 624,000 residents throughout Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. We are committed to the delivery of high quality programs and services that make Halton a great place to live and work. We engage great people who contribute to meaningful work that makes a positive difference in our community.