Registered Early Childhood Educator – Supply Staff
KidZone Childcare Centre in North London (Part-time and on call)
KidZone is looking for passionate, professional and energetic supply early childhood educators to join our centre in North London.
Placement may be in one of our Infant, Toddler or Preschool rooms
In this role, you will provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting. A substitute may be called in if, for any reason, a regular teaching staff member may be off the floor (ie. sick, courses, meeting). You will help children to learn and grow by implementing a daily balance of active/ quiet, indoor/ outdoor, free structured individual and group activities that will encourage physical, social, intellectual, emotional and sensory development at the appropriate level for each child.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit positive and professional work habits such as punctuality, dependability, and confidentiality other related tasks as requested by the company from time to time
- Model and guide children in the development of proper eating, dressing, hygiene, and toilet habits
- Always ensure the health and safety of the child and their emotional wellbeing is at the forefront in all activities
- Build and maintain positive, respectful and open relationships with parents maintaining daily communication in person and through the HiMama App.
- Complete any housekeeping requirements throughout the day
- Ensure ratios are always adhered to and that children are supervised at all times by a R.E.C.E.
- Maintain professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort: lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping, getting up and down from the floor throughout the day with ease
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round
Qualifications & Education
- R.E.C.E or A.C.E. is Preferred
- Candidate must be in good standing with the College of E.C.E.O.
- Strong working knowledge of the Child Care & Early Years Act and related regulations
- Experience following an emergent curriculum
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a valued member of the team
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Commitment to working in an inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the needs of all children and adults within the centre
- Clear Criminal Record check, including Vulnerable Sector Check, dated within the last six months
- Valid First Aid with Infant and Child CPR: Level C is an asset
- Up to date immunization records including 2-step TB test
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong command of the English language both verbal, and written
We thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about KidZone please see our website at www.kidzone.ca
KidZone is committed to diversity and accessibility. To this end, KidZone endeavors to reflect the cultures, languages and abilities of the families we serve, in our programs, services and employment practices. Please identify if you require any accommodations as the result of a disability during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
- Child Care: 1 year (Preferred)