Our team is growing. Marker Geomatics is currently seeking a motivated Survey Crew Chief to join our team. At Marker Geomatics we deliver a wide variety of quality products that include: Construction, Oil and Gas, and Legal Surveys.
This position will be based out of our Lloydminster location. This position may require the successful applicant to travel away from home for up to 24 days and stay in camp or hotels accommodations.
· Conducts field surveys as defined by the project manager.
· Communicates effectively with the project manager and client representatives when required.
· Ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained.
· Follow company procedures and practices for continuous quality of service.
· Follow company procedures and practices to maintain a safe working environment.
· Collection and management of data on construction survey projects for determining location, elevation, areas, and volumes.
· Provides comprehensive survey notes/sketches.
· Adhering to corporate HS&E program.
· The ideal applicant will have:
· A diploma or degree in a relevant field or 2+ years of related experience in Oil and Gas, Construction, and Legal Surveys.
· Must have experience with robotic total stations, GNSS Equipment, and Digital Levels.
· Willing to work outside in varying weather conditions.
· Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Valid safety certificates are an asset (First Aid/CPR, CSTS, Ground Disturbance, and H2S Alive certification).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$37.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
- Surveying: 2 years (required)