Bloom Cultivation is a licensed producer located in Calgary, Alberta. We choose to cultivate small-batch, craft cannabis to deliver a high-end, dried flower product of exceptional quality. We work as a collective and are proud to grow in a world-class indoor hydroponic facility.
ART: There is an artistry to the way we grow. It is an expression of who we are – through creation. We strive to create a high-end, dried cannabis flower every time. This process takes dedication, practice, and refinement. We are proud to share our art, our craft with the community.
SCIENCE: Our respect and love for science guide our decisions. We closely monitor our plants’ environment and systematically collect data, hypothesize, experiment, and analyze information. Science helps us continuously grow and evolve our processes.
HEART: We put our heart and soul into everything we do. We are driven by passion, integrity and compassion for our plants, our people and our community. Nurturing and raising plants remind us that we are touching lives. It’s important we do the right thing even when no one is looking because we care.
COLLECTIVE: What sets us apart is our people. We embrace diversity and bring together matter-experts to work closely as a team.
HUMILITY: As experts, we are confident yet humble. We recognize there will always be someone, somewhere with more knowledge and we believe there is no ceiling to learning. That’s why we are open to learning as a collective, from each other and from industry experts.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working closely with the Quality Assurance team, the Packaging and Labelling Supervisor oversees all activities of the packaging department, communicates agendas with staff members, ensures production goals are executed effectively, and initiates process improvement programs to enhance departmental procedures. This high-volume position requires the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The selected candidate will develop and execute the following objectives:
- Supervise and lead packaging operations to meet required KPIs
- Oversee the product shipment process including bulk package accuracy and temperature verification
- Collect and analyze data to ensure production goals are met and implement packaging efficiencies
- Understand and adhere to company SOP’s and GMP standards and policies
- Collaborate with the production team to ensure product meets SOR/2018-144/AGLC cannabis regulations
- Create departmental schedules for packaging, labelling, and distribution to correspond with harvesting
- Inspect and label batch product and maintain corresponding records and logbooks
- Coordinate and organize the packaging of products for storage and sale
- Work with internal and external suppliers to ensure expectations and communications are clear
- Detect machine malfunctions and proactively address to mitigate operational safety issues
- Adapt and evolve within an exciting new industry
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years of experience in production and/or operations management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in labour-intensive assembly manufacturing
- Candidates with a certified packaging professional certificate or six-sigma considered an asset
- Knowledge of SAGEX3 is considered an asset
SKILLS & TRAITS
- Motivate, inspire and support staff to consistently meet production deadlines
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft office products adept at learning new software programs
- Is trustworthy and does not abuse authority or misappropriate funds
If this position sounds like the right fit and opportunity for you, please submit your cover letter and resume with “Packaging and Labelling Supervisor” in the subject line. Your cover letter should address the following qualification questions:
- Would you successfully pass a criminal background check and other security-related requirements?
- What previous cannabis industry experience do you have? Provide references.
- Provide an example of when you set expectations and monitored the performance of direct reports. How were you successful?
- What is the key to developing an exceptional team?
- Why do you want to work for Bloom Cultivation?
Closing date: Friday, June 21, 2019
Job Type: Full-time
- Packaging: 5 years (Required)
- Supervisory: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)