At Westport Fuel Systems, we are driving innovation to power a cleaner tomorrow. We are inventors, engineers, manufacturers and suppliers of advanced clean fuel systems and components that can change the way the world moves. Our technology delivers performance, fuel efficiency and environmental benefits to address the challenges of global climate change and urban air quality. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, we serve our customers in more than 70 countries with leading global transportation brands. At Westport Fuel Systems, we think ahead. For more information, visit www.wfsinc.com.
Westport Fuel Systems is looking for someone to assist with assembly, testing, programming, labeling, packaging and general preparation of electronic engine control assemblies in our Calgary office. The successful candidate will be part of a small team (3-4 people) responsible for adhering to defined processes and procedures, and assuring the continued quality of Westport control system products. Training will be provided.
- Participate in team of production assemblers in several roles, as work flow and product demand dictate.
- Assemble product parts by hand according to established procedures.
- Inspect incoming and assembled products to ensure they meet established quality standards.
- Observe and quarantine questionable parts from assembly process for analysis by supervisor.
- Affix labels to products.
- Pack completed products and prepare them for shipment.
- Unload, organize, count, record and stock shipments.
- Report issues or problems with parts or equipment to supervisor.
- Help keep workstation clean and free of hazardous materials.
- Help keep assembly area floor clean.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety guidelines applying to the production and handling of materials in the factory.
- Promote Westport’s H&S culture by following all environmental and H&S procedures and understanding your obligations and responsibilities
- Report unsafe conditions, behaviors and all accidents
- Co-operate with your Safety representative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills
- Comfortable with taking direction and following procedures
- Experience in assembly or factory environments preferred
- High school level general education
Job Type: Full-time