Job title :
HOME SUPPORT SCHEDULER
VERNON COMMUN CARE HEALTH
If you hold an Office Administration Certificate, plus two year's recent experience, proof of Medical Terminology Course and a current Typing Test of 30 wpm or greater, Vernon Community Care Health Services is looking for a Relief Part Time (27 hours per week) Home Support Scheduler.....Apply today!
This position is responsible for developing and coordinating home support service schedules by preparing and adjusting schedules in accordance with care plans and applicable collective agreements. Duties may include:
Hours of work:
- Enter relevant service referrals and/or changes into computer system;
- Review client needs and matches Community Health Workers;
- Schedule assignments and notifies Community Health Workers of the assignment;
- Monitor, maintain and adjust Community Health Worker’s schedules to comply with Collective Agreement Language;
- Confirm appointments with the client;
- Confirm completion of client service to referral clinician;
- Perform general staffing and timekeeping functions;
- Verify any discrepancies between reported hours and hours shown on calendar.
Rotating Days – 06:00 to 14:00, 11:00 to 18:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2017! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate program, Plus
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a Typing Test 30 wpm or greater, dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to type 30 wpm
- Ability to operate scheduling and database software in a windows environment
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients and families, community health workers and all members of the health care team
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and manage several tasks at once
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit an Office Administration Certificate, a current Typing Test (minimum 30 wpm within past 48 months) from a recognized institution, and proof of Medical Terminology Course. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**