Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, the Janitor will keep buildings in office, break rooms, bathrooms, yard/ground, parking lots warehouse and/or dock areas in a clean and orderly condition. Ensures sanitation of work areas.
Qualifications:Qualifications & Experience:
- Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish.
- Perform routine maintenance activities and cleaning show or debris from grounds, notifying management of need for repairs
- May be required to ensure that pest control systems are operating effectively and report any problems to supervisor.
- Remove ice and snow from pedestrian walkways and parking lots as seasonally required.
- Keep company grounds free of litter and debris.
- Work safely. Report hazards to shift supervisor.
- Comply with OSHA standards.
- Comply with Company safety procedures in the workplace.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- May be required to wash and/or sweep insides of trailers and/or railcars.
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred or at least one year related work experience.
- Ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to solve routine problems.
- Ability to understand and follow all safety rules, procedure manuals, and diagrams.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning chemicals
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures and janitorial techniques
- Ability to work independently
- May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by management
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
- May be required to use cleaning equipment such as steamers, floor scrubbers and carpet cleaners.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to use hands to handle objects; talk or hear; stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell. The associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the warehouse is usually moderate.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.