Position: Director of Sales Operations
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
Postmedia Network Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Postmedia Network Canada Corp., is the largest publisher by circulation of paid English-language daily newspapers in Canada, representing some of the country's oldest and best known media brands. Reaching millions of Canadians every week, Postmedia Network engages readers and offers advertisers and marketers integrated solutions to effectively reach target audiences through a variety of print, online, digital, and mobile platforms.
Reporting to the VP, Commercial Operations you will drive the continued development of a best-in-class sales operations organization. You will be a leader with a proven track record and a legacy of driving operational efficiencies. Your job will be to work collaboratively with the Sales leadership team, your peers and lead a team of Sales Operations Managers to coordinate all sales support activities to drive a synergistic, high-performing, team-oriented sales culture.
- Lead the sales forecasting process and business reporting.
- Maintain strong relationships with Sales leadership.
- In conjunction with Sales leadership, own end-to-quota setting process: develop, align and implement quotas and sales plans and deploy to Sales teams.
- Oversee the launch of new initiatives with the Sales and Sales Operations teams, working to ensure consistency of plans across regions.
- Drive adoption and improvement of CRM and reporting systems, which support business decision-making processes.
- Drive consistent Sales Process/Methodology improvements.
- Oversee a team of Sales Operations Managers, streamlining processes and ensuring consistency across regions.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Lead National strategic projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Strong planning, financial and analytical skills, with proven ability to apply these skills with deft business acumen to complex situations with competing priorities.
- Capacity to develop and influence strategic plans as well as ability to disseminate the strategy into tactical actions for your team.
- Influencing decisions in cross-functional team environments with diverse initiatives to deliver.
- Ability to challenge convention and advance best-in-class commercial sales models.
- Strong consulting skills and Executive presence. Proven ability to be a trusted business partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions that meet expectations.
- Effective time management skills and ability to overcome obstacles to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple tracks as a high-energy leader.
- Aptitude to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to quality and be results driven and customer focused.
- Exceptional communication skills, with demonstrated written and verbal skills to tell the story.
- Excellent people leadership skills with demonstrated success in driving a high-performance team and developing future leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years’ experience in driving sales performance, with 5+ years’ experience in a management/leadership role within Sales Operations.
- Knowledge/experience in media an asset.
Should you be interested in this opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2019
No phone calls or agencies please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- driving sales performance: 10 years (Required)
- management/leadership role within Sales Operations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)