HJV Equipment is a growing agricultural equipment distributor. Our vision is twofold and integrated: to become the premier specialized agricultural equipment distributor in the world, and to successfully train and develop our employees; enhancing their lives by providing them a rewarding and challenging work environment. HJV provides opportunities for exciting careers in a fast paced, technologically advanced industry with an industry leader. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team.
We have opportunities for permanent, full-time Agricultural Service Technicians. We are looking for a Service Technician in Hensall, Ontario with farm combine experience. We offer a 4 day work week and relocation assistance.
We also have opportunities in our Charlottetown, PEI branch for a field and shop technician with potato equipment experience. Relocation assistance is available.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the Agricultural Equipment Technician's responsibilities include:
- Service repairs and maintenance for specialty agricultural equipment, responding to customer's needs promptly (in shop and field)
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections (PMI's)
- Accurate and timely logging of billed time and submission of work orders
- Consistently demonstrates a high quality of workmanship and professional image
- Responding to customer needs in a prompt and timely manner
The successful candidate should demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of hydraulic systems, electric systems and drive lines
- Experience in repair and maintenance of heavy equipment. Specialty agricultural equipment experience is required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Self motivated, results-driven team player with a high level of integrity
- Creative, independent problem solver
- Problem solving, able to interpret a variety of instructions in oral, written, diagram and schedule form, deal with problems that arise promptly, able to deal with a variety of variables
- Familiarity with advanced technology is an asset
- Valid driver's license and clean abstract
If you are interested in joining a growing company with a family culture and want to work with a company committed to employee development, we'd like to hear from you. Relocation packages are available for those interested in relocating to beautiful Huron County or Charlottetown PEI. For more information on HJV Equipment, please visit www.hjv.com.
We thank you for your interest in HJV! Only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidates request.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- farm combine operations and/or repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Agricultural Service Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Agricultural Potato Equipment repair and maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)