Vocational Alternatives Inc. specializes in vocational rehabilitation consultation related to disability management within the insurance and legal sectors. Established in 1997 we have become leaders in our field through ensuring the provision of thorough assessments, well rationalized and articulated opinions, and meaningful sustainable outcomes for our clients.
For more information about Vocational Alternatives Inc. please visit our website at www.vocationalalternatives.com
Due to growing demand we are currently looking to expand our roster of vocational evaluators to conduct forensic and rehabilitation oriented assessments in a sub-contractor capacity. At this time we are looking for professionals within the GTA as well as throughout Ontario.
- Complete thorough vocational intake interviews, evaluations and transferable skills analysis.
- Administer vocational tests (general educational development, aptitude, interest, etc.), interpret and analyze results.
- Document and analyze complex medical/functional information to infer capacity for type of work and suitability.
- Identify realistic/prospective occupations and vocational goals that reflect the needs of clients as per their residual impairment.
- Identify steps and supports required to support injured party’s reintegration.
- Write thorough, well-rationalized and articulated reports.
- Graduate degree, or, undergraduate degree in related discipline with other applicable post-secondary education, training, and experience.
- Must have or be eligible for CVRP, CCRC, CCVE, RRP.
- Preference given to court certified experts and those with medical legal experience.
- Experience within multidisciplinary environment; documenting/interpreting complex medical and functional information.
- Familiar with labour market trends and research techniques.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Home office, (compatible computer/email, fax) a vehicle and liability insurance.
- Willing to travel and/or live in GTA, Barrie, Orillia, Owen Sound (Grey Bruce), Sudbury, Hamilton, St. Catherine’s, Kitchener, Oshawa, London, Windsor, Ottawa.
How to Apply:
Please indicate within your application message that you are applying to job posting VE1010.
Applicants must be able to produce a redacted vocational report that illustrates competency within a complex injury setting. Only eligible applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: June 9, 2019.
Job Type: Freelance
- Vocational Evaluation: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Preferred)
- CVRP, CCRC, CCVE, RRP (Preferred)