Position Title: IT Assistant
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Manager
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position: 9-12 week temporary term contract – starting in July 2020
How to apply: Please send your cover letter and resume by June 26, 2020 at 4:00pm.
*This position is funded through Canada Summer Job Grants (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/canada/employment-social-development/services/funding/CSJ2020_applicant_guide.pdf). All applicants must fall under the guidelines outlined by the Canada Summer Job Grant to be eligible as per page 13 “3. Screening for Eligibility - What youth participants are eligible”.*
Pacifica Housing Advisory Association (Pacifica Housing) has been providing safe and affordable homes for almost 35 years and is one of the largest non-profit housing providers on Vancouver Island. As a charitable organization, Pacifica Housing's vision is better lives through affordable homes and community connections. Our mission is to be a leading innovative provider of affordable homes and support services that contribute to the independence of individuals and families.
Pacifica Housing is a rapidly growing organization dedicated to meeting the housing and support needs of our community. As such, we are committed to building up our fast-growing team with a culture that supports and drives our people and reinforces our team with caring, responsible innovators. Pacifica owns and/or operates 37 properties in addition to a number of programs. The annual budget is approximately $16M and the total staff complement is around 160 employees.
The IT Assistant will assist the IT Manager with the creation of IT processes and procedure documentation, assist the IT Manager in developing and populating a comprehensive Inventory Tracking database, assist the IT Manager in developing a knowledge-base system, and updating our website.
Position’s Key Responsibilities:
1.IT Processes and Procedure Documentation:
- assisting with the creation of “how to” documents for technical processes and procedures;
- extracting information from archived support tickets, SALTO, network structures and services, previous site specific projects and requests; and
- consulting with other departments to document future needs and wants of those departments.
2. IT Asset and Inventory Tracking System:
- assisting with developing and populating a comprehensive Inventory Tracking database;
- database design and data entry tasks to record all Pacifica IT equipment in order to effectively catalog information such as: warranties, purchase dates, hardware failures, labour, return and technical specifications; and
- tracking and data entry including but not limited to: SALTO networking equipment, data servers, terminal server, phone sever, back-up power supplies, computers, phones, printers, LAN networking equipment, routers and switches, cell phones, thin clients, computers and monitors.
3. Knowledge-base Development:
- assisting the IT manager in department consultation, development and deployment of an organizational-wide knowledge-base.
4. Website Development:
- assisting in the creation of a new public facing website and the employee facing knowledge-base by working closely with staff from communications and the IT manager; and
- building a website that would satisfy the needs of the public, stakeholders and staff.
5. Providing general administrative support to the IT department, including:
- troubleshooting security cameras and archiving security camera footage as needed
- Updating user accounts in Active Directory
- other special projects when needed.
Qualifications (minimum Education and Experience requirements):
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Information and Computer Systems and related experience in a professional office environment.
- Detailed-oriented with strong technical aptitude, including intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Experience in KB system is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid class 5 Driver License.
- Understanding of UX/UI design concepts.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and/or 2019 and IIS.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Additional Criteria for Role:
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector is required before employment commences.
Pacifica Housing advises all employees, contractors and volunteers of the risk of violence, injury and harm that is present in the execution of their duties. Pacifica Housing is committed to providing a safe and risk-free work place, however, we acknowledge the inherent risk in social housing and direct support work while in homes and in other support relationships.
Behavioural Competencies Assigned to the Role:
Results Orientation: Basic
Decision Making: Basic
Pacifica Housing is an equity employer and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal Peoples, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our organization are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 2020-06-26
Expected start date: 2020-07-06
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract