AMGH is a 22 bed inpatient facility with an additional 20 bed Inpatient psychiatric unit located on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron.
The emergency room provides 24/7 care through an 8hr shift rotation with back up support provided and is a regional Telestroke site with CT scanner and lab on site. ICU, obstetrics/gynecology, general surgery, and acute care services additionally are provided on site.
Across the street, the Maitland Valley Family Health Team provides family medicine based care.
AMGH is looking to recruit one full-time general internist who will work along side our current internist. Our site offers:
* 18 Family doctors involved in hospital patient care 4 hour hospital ER services, covered by EM physicians
* Active Medical Staff: 18 Family Practitioners, 2 General Surgeons, 1 OB/GYN, 5 Psychiatrists, 1 Internist
* Ontario Breast Screening Program
* 54 acute beds (30 active treatment beds include general medicine, surgery, obstetrics, and an intensive/coronary care unit, 4 beds designated for complex care, 20 bed inpatient psychiatric Schedule 1 unit facility that provides care for all of Huron County)
* MEDITECH - Electronic Record System with physician access on-site, from office and home
* P.A.C.S (computerized imaging)
* Dialysis Unit
* OTN Videoconferencing
* CT scanner
* Weekly Grand Rounds video conferences from Stratford site
* Close proximity to secondary and tertiary referral centres—Stratford General Hospital and London Hospitals
* Internists cover on-call, ICU coverage, inpatient and outpatient consults
* Other visiting specialists include geriatrics, internal medicine, neurology, paediatrics, respirology/allergy
* We are 2.5 hrs from Pearson International Airport, 2 hrs from Detroit, 1 hr to London & Stratford, 1.25 hrs to Kitchener and 2 hrs from Niagara Escarpment & Georgian Bay
Come live and work where others only vacation!
Job Type: Full-time