Located in Simcoe, Ontario, Toyotetsu Canada, Inc. is a tier 1 supplier of automotive parts to Toyota. We are currently seeking an Engineering Co-op student to join our team for a fall/winter 2021 placement.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will be part of a 9 employee engineering team,providing technical and administrative support to the department. In this role, the incumbent will spend 50% of the time on the plant floor and 50% of the time in the office.
- Review and update plant layout documents; creating/updating mechanical drawings
- Verifying and adjusting weld condition documents
- Maintaining and updating engineering database
- Backing up CAD design files
- Assist in daily Kaizen activities
- Perform cycle time analysis on production equipment
- Potential for experience in implementing weld condition changes, small PLC program changes, small robot programming changes and robot (re)teaching.
- Current enrollment in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering program with relevant co-op or summer exposure, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, willing to work with others in a fast paced environment
- Eagerness to contribute and able to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Proven experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor would be an asset
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills
- Must have own transportation
Our company subscribes to the operating philosophy of continuous growth and improvement, providing the best quality, value and service to our customers, encouraging mutual trust and respect through teamwork and focus on safety, our environment and our community.
Please forward resumes in Word or PDF format
We thank all applicants, however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Toyotetsu Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $18.00 per hour