This position requires a professional individual with a minimum of 1 year of experience in an administrative position. Individual should have good working knowledge of human resources policies and procedures. Preference will be given to experience in social services or human services organizations. An understanding of the issues of homelessness and vulnerable populations is an asset.
- Applicable education such as a Business Diploma from a recognized college
- Successful completion of a Canadian Police Information Centre security screening (CPIC)
- Driver’s License with own vehicle/insurance
- Technical proficiency with office equipment and systems
- Demonstrated excellence in computer keyboarding and current office software such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of current legislation such as the Employment Standards Act
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Discharge all responsibilities with a high degree of professionalism
Hours: Hours scheduled between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Standing/walking; bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, and reaching
- Keyboarding, sitting for long periods of time
- Institutional setting, Emergency Shelter facility, Federal Corrections and Housing programs
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with data entry for the purpose of cheque preparation.
- Assist with bank deposits.
- Open, sort, date (where applicable) and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Prepare, input, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- Compile data, statistics and other information and may conduct research
- Organize conferences as needed
- Maintain copies of interview/employment forms each year for all employees and candidates.
- Assist administrators/managers in providing various employee information
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and equipment
- Maintain records of all requisition, advertising, and recruitment transactions
- Assist recording, mailing and/or filing appropriate employment documents specific to the various classifications of employees
- Send correspondences for the various classifications of applicants as needed
- Greet visitors and callers; answers questions as knowledge permits; assists or refers visitors and callers; takes messages.
- Draft routine memoranda/correspondence; proofreads edits memoranda, correspondence, reports, proposals, job descriptions, and other documents.
- Copy, distributes, and file documents and records as necessary
- Management and destruction of records
- Assemble applicant files; enters and maintains database of applicants for retrieval and review; prepares application files for administrator review.
- Prepare materials for new employee orientation sessions, staff development, and other employee communications, as assigned.
- Perform research; assists with special projects and performs related duties as assigned.
- Perform other Human Resources related duties as directed by the Manager of Administration and Accounting and/or the Program Director/Executive Director.
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.56 per hour
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors