Position – Window & Gutter Cleaning Estimator (part-time)
Friendly Giant Window and Gutter Cleaning is seeking the right individual to join its team of window and gutter cleaning professionals. If you are good with numbers and have good spatial awareness, conscientious, personable, value punctuality and, of course, friendly (congenial), Friendly Giant wants to hear from you.
The successful candidate must possess a valid BC driver’s license, and either have a current work VISA, or be a resident of Canada.
Wage will be commensurate with experience: $17 - $19/hr. A training wage will be in effect for three months, with a six-month probation period.
Friendly Giant Window and Gutter Cleaning provides home maintenance services; including, window cleaning, gutter cleaning, moss removal, and pressure washing (and seasonal snow removal) in the Capital Regional District, and outlying cities and municipalities.
The Window & Gutter Cleaning Estimator is responsible for visiting different residential and commercial/strata locations for the purpose of gathering various information about properties; i.e., gutter lengths and other characteristics, determining square footage of house footprints, areas and pitches of roofs, and assessing other particulars of a job, and potential hazards (or any other special details or particulars of a property).
· The ability to work (includes driving) for 4 to 8 hours/day, including tasks such as driving, walking and, in some cases, inspect properties and their characteristics from Google (maps);
· A basic understanding of how windows and gutters are cleaned; i.e. methods, moss is removed, and pressure washing is performed, in order to make recommendations for performing specific jobs;
· An ability to interact with customers, homeowners, property managers, and other on-site maintenance staff;
· An ability to utilize technology to navigate using maps and GPS, and to digitally add/record notes about properties.
· Demonstrate a great attitude and a willingness to learn;
· Works well independently, and collaboratively with office/administrative staff (able to contribute positively);
· Possess good time management skills, self-motivated;
· Possess a rudimentary understanding of industry and worksite safety regulations and requirements, and how to perform all tasks in a safe manner;
· Familiarity with Fall Protection and electrical safety; i.e., working around power lines and safe limits of approach, in order to be able to identify potential hazards;
· Prepare Fall Protection Plans (where necessary);
· An understanding of ladder use and aerial lifts; e.g., man lifts, scissor lifts, etc.;
· Good written communication skills.
The work environment varies from job site to job site; however, not all jobs will require that you walk an entire property. For some jobs (and properties) a fairly accurate assessment can be made from a cursory viewing of the property from the front yard (and sometimes even from Google Maps). Most jobs will require that you exit your vehicle so you will be exposed (momentarily) to the elements and various weather conditions (of the day or season).
This is a relatively sedentary role that requires a lot of driving; however, you will be doing frequent walking, but not for long periods of time, or for great distances. This job does often require the safe driving and operation of a full-sized pick-up truck (which is provided by the company).
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Days and hours may vary, but typically two or three days per week, and typically from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
Required Education and Experience
· High school degree or equivalent;
· Clean driving record, and a valid driver’s license;
· Previous estimating experience preferred, but not required.
Adam Brown, Regional Manager
Phone: (250) 884-4596
Part-time hours: 16 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Company car
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
To keep our employees safe we follow strict physical-distancing protocols, and provide a safe working environment, including face masks and plenty of hand sanitizer, and sanitary wipes.
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place