Alternate Quality Assurance Person
FV Pharma Inc
- Assuring the quality of medicinal cannabis before it is made available for sale by ensuring GPP are followed and that analytical testing shows the product meets or exceeds the product specification. QAP must approve each batch of product before it can be sold.
- Investigating and documenting all complaints received regarding the quality of medical cannabis and where necessary implementing corrective actions to ensure that the cannabis meets or exceeds the product specification.
- Establishing, approving and enforcing GAP, GPP, HACCP and QA standards within the facility.
- Authoring, updating and maintaining the facility SOPs to ensure continued compliance to relevant legislation and GPP.
- Regularly conducting internal audits and reviews of Departments and business processes to ensure compliance with SOPs and GPPs.
- Training all staff on relevant SOPs and GPPs.
- Initiating, managing and reporting on any recall of product whether self-initiated or mandated by Health Canada.
- Acting as main interface with Health Canada during facility inspections/audits and manage all reporting and responses to requests for information initiated by Health Canada.
- Supporting continuous quality improvement of medical cannabis through reinforcement of product quality and safety programs and sanitization program.
- Managing the Deviation and CAPA procedures ensuring that proper investigation of all deviations or potential threats to the quality of the product is undertaken and resolved.
- Approving vendors of any equipment or service that could impact the quality or safety of the medical cannabis product.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline (Food, Chemical or Biological Sciences preferred).
- 4 to 5 years of experience with Quality Assurance Management in a GAP, GMP and HACCP regulated environment, with proficiency related to quality assurance systems, documentation, testing methods, and proficient in English.
- Experience establishing and maintaining version-controlled standards, policies, procedures and work flows.
- Knowledge and comprehension of Good Production Practices (GPP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) considered an asset.
- Self-starter, ability to work with little direction.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- The Cannabis Regulations requires candidates to undergo security clearance and qualifications review. The individual must be eligible for security clearance and have qualifications necessary to be approved by Health Canada as suitable for the QAP role. Note: All qualification documents will be required to be submitted upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)